- BBBH793012 Sep 13, 2021 €120k+
Exclusive Global Procurement Operations Director with a leading FMCG multinational based out of one of their site in Cork.
Our client are currently looking for a Global Procurement Director to join our team in Cork. Whilst this role will sit in Cork you will be partnering with stakeholders across locations.
The Global Procurement Director will be responsible for leading the Procurement Operations and Indirects for one of global sectors, guaranteeing that policy and compliance are met. The person will have the responsibility to standardise our procurement operations execution, work closely with other Sectors to find opportunities to leverage scale and create incremental value to the organisation.
- Develop and lead long term sourcing strategy for Indirects and Direct Materials for all locations.
- Understand key cost drivers, industry trends and best practices to design/implement sourcing strategies for all categories in scope. Develop and maintain long term pricing mechanisms to drive sustainable competitive advantage
- Lead supplier performance and contract compliance - providing regular financial, service and quality status and action plans.
- Partner & engage with senior stakeholders (Market Supply Officer, General Manager, Executive Leadership Team) and Global Commodities and Global Categories to design and implement sourcing strategy for all categories in scope.
- Manage executive level, cross functional priorities, and relationships to deliver sustainable year on year benefits on Productivity and Cash Flow and accomplish function strategic objectives.
- Develop internal capability and organization for Procurement Operations
Essential Criteria i.e., qualifications and/or experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Engineering degree
- Excellent Functional knowledge (6-8 years in leading Procurement/Supply Chain roles): Depth of different aspects of Procurement such as sourcing, category management, processes and tools in a VUCA environment, preferably within Food & Beverage industry
- Experience in sourcing processes and procurement best practices, with experience of implementing them in a global environment
- Highly effective interpersonal skills - excellent negotiator and strong communication and influencing skills to all organizational levels and particularly at executive level. Demonstrated ability to develop credible business relationships with Operations Directors, Procurement Directors, Supply Chain Managers and VP.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
021 2300421/ 014321555