- BBBH794776 Sep 30, 2021 €120k+
Exciting opportunity for a Site Lead/Plant Manager with an ever expanding manufacturing life science company in the North Cork area.
About the job
The company is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the plant and is responsible for policy deployment in alignment with overall company strategies and metrics. Develops and leads the culture in the plant by setting clear expectations and driving accountability within team actions. Responsible for safety, quality, planning, operations, process control, materials and deployment of functional strategies of the business.
- Execute the Pharma Operations strategy to meet business requirements.
- Drive process excellence in every step of the manufacturing process while ensuring effective and continuously improving operations for product lines in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for analyzing local plant requirements and working cross-functionally within operations (internal manufacturing, external manufacturing, supply chain, procurement) as well with functions outside operations (businesses, R&D, HR, Finance, Legal).
- Champion and own the safety and quality culture in the plant by driving behavior, process, accountability and discipline within the site.
- Responsible for all aspects of the plant's day to day operations.
- Deliver all performance targets for the site while balancing all stakeholder needs/expectations.
- Drive process and utilize data to achieve performance targets and drive the principles and processes that enable a learning organization.
- Build organizational capability through developing, training and recruiting talent, and by creating structure that enables success for all employees.
- Responsible for ensuring organization has defined work methods, employees are trained to work methods and methods are adhered to always.
- Responsible for all facility equipment/tooling, driving preventative maintenance and ensuring equipment related process controls are in place and completed/monitored as required.
- Participate in the NPD process and ensure flawless launch of new programs.
- Responsible for receiving, inventory, materials, shipping, planning and all materials functions.
- Drive process development, deployment and continuous improvement into all business areas - staffing, materials, operations, process control, manufacturing, quality, etc.
- Create a continuous improvement mindset that drives improvements in quality, cost, delivery, and inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field of study, plus at least a minimum of 10 years related experience managing plant operations.
- Experience deploying lean tools, lean management and lean culture within a plant.
- Clear understanding of manufacturing process design from PFEMA - to control plan - to controls - to monitoring/charting - to layered process audit. All leading to repeatable high-quality outcomes.
- Strong ERP knowledge regarding aligning system to business models, and deploying parameters, process and reporting to run an efficient business.
- Extensive experience in regulated industries and ability to lead teams in understanding and executing to unique customer and regulatory requirements (Pharmaceutical, FDA, NIOSH, etc.).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
021 2300421/ 014321555