- Cork City
- Nov 24, 2022
Exciting opportunity in Internal Audit in Cork.
Our client's Internal Audit team currently works on a diverse range of projects in the pensions sectors. Your role as a senior will focus on the end to end delivery of internal audit engagements from planning to reporting. In this role you will be responsible for supervision of junior internal auditors, supporting them to make an impact that matters. You will also have the opportunity to work on a range of projects as well as advisory controls engagements.
The typical duties a Senior will be involved in are:
- Delivery of internal audit and controls engagements, including contributing at all stages of the engagement, from planning through to fieldwork and reporting.
- Through the completion of audit work, assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls and identify control deficiencies and opportunities to enhance our clients internal control environment.
- Preparation of high quality written outputs including planning documents, work papers and draft reports for review by senior lead auditors and internal management
- Supervision and review of junior Internal Auditors' work during audit fieldwork.
- Supporting Internal Audit Management in the development of reports and updates for client Audit Committees and Senior Management Teams.
- Effective communication with client personnel, as well as other team members and management team.
- Engaging in internal department initiatives such as training, business development activities, coaching and graduate recruitment.
- Minimum of two years' Internal Audit, Risk and Control experience
- Relevant degree
- Working towards an ACA, ACCA, CIIA or other accounting or relevant qualification
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to continue progressing successfully your career
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Knowledge of technical concepts and relevant industry standards e.g. Internal Audit methodologies
- Willingness to travel (if required)
- Experience working with Pensions will be a distinct advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.