- BBBH773073 Jan 12, 2021 Competitive
Head of Finance & Commercial - Cork Based - Permanent Role - Community Services Sector - 15+ years' finance & commercial experience
Head of Finance & Commercial - Cork
Morgan McKinley have been retained by a leading national organisation that provide key support services in the local communities they operate in.
The CEO of this vast branch network is looking to secure a tenured finance professional who has the capability to shape a successful model delivering the finance, HR, fundraising, and facilities management functions of the organization.
Whilst leading a team of 6, the successful individual will look to drive a lean and change orientated culture through a quasi shared services oriented model for business services success and delivery.
Person fit is critical here for success and will appeal to those who have an empathetic understanding for what the business is looking to achieve "on the ground" whilst having the decisiveness and commerciality to make the appropriate calls on the financial interests of the organization as a whole.
Some key requirements:
- Lead and develop the Finance/Fundraising/Shared Services and Facilities functions.
- Manage the preparation, delivery, completion and timely communication of high-quality management information, compliance reporting, budgets, reports, etc.
- Develop/Maintain an accounting governance framework including shared service compliance policies and controls which meet best practice.
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these sources.Establish a range of new income streams, with a particular emphasis on the application of digital technology.
- Responsible for the maintenance/development of CRM database, reporting and financial systems.
- In cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders, lead the development of long-term strategy to achieve agreed strategic goals.
- Lead the annual planning reforecasting process to produce effective strategies to achieve income raising and cost savings targets in the organization.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture which focuses on the implementation of best practice solutions.
- Direct and manage the detailed work project plans necessary to ensure delivery of targets and information in a timely fashion for each function.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA) with 15+ years of relevant experience in national or international organisations.
- Background in services orientated organisation an advantage
- Strong evidence of leading teams of finance and non finance reportees
- Exposure to developing and implementing strategy and business plans.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence upwards and downwards in an organisation
- Proven record in instituting change initiatives, working in a lean culture and implementing strategic KPI management
- Experience working with Board level stakeholders and CEO an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant - Finance & Commercial