- Cork City
- JN -052023-1932056
- May 11, 2023
My client a leading food distributer in Ireland are seeking to hire a Dispatch Manager to join their Cork depot on a permanent basis.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious Transport & Logistics professional to further develop their career by joining one of Ireland's largest leading food producers.
As Dispatch Manager you will be responsible for the operational planning & execution of their distribution functions. You will be joining a team of 55 which includes truck drivers, van drivers & helpers so good people management and transport planning skills will be essential.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be customer focused as you will be constantly representing the business and playing a key part in the growth of the organisation. People management will be a key area of this position and it is essential to have experience leading a team of operatives/drivers.
- Co-ordination of all depot activities and efficient dispatched of routes daily, ensuring the smooth running of depot while ensuring delivery procedures and policies are adhered to at all times
- Coaching and motivating members of the delivery team in line with performance and absence management processes to ensure concerns are managed appropriately. Analyse trends where appropriate, coach and where necessary follow the disciplinary processes.
- Maintaining open ongoing communication with departments across the business including sales, warehouse and with the transport team, including daily/weekly briefings with the team
- Ensuring that company vehicles are properly maintained, cleaned and safely operated to reduce accidents and enhance the company brand.
- Manage incoming and outgoing goods and backhaul collections on a daily basis
- Identifies, coordinates and delivers training as appropriate to meet driver needs
- Ensuring Security and Health & Safety Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Leading by example and applying company policy and procedures in a fair, consistent and unbiased manner
- 3+ years' experience in a relevant management / supervisory role in a high volume, technology driven, time sensitive distribution operation
- Experience within the Food distribution industry is advantageous
- Competent in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant | (Logistics, Transport, Warehousing & Trade Compliance) for Munster & Connaught