Community Engagement Lead
- BBBH786442 Jul 01, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is delighted to bring a Community Engagement Lead role to the market in Cork, on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Project Development, the main purpose of the role is to be the single point of contact for local communities where renewable energy projects are proposed which includes communicating and informing communities during early stage development along with gaining feedback on individual and group proposals
- Support the Project Development Team and Stakeholder manager while engaging with local communities and individuals in relation to proposed renewable energy projects in their area.
- Be an advocate for the organisation and its projects including building a strong reputation with the local communities.
- Develop the understanding of each local community and establish how best to engage with each community in a meaningful manner.
- Develop strong long-term relationships with individuals, groups and local councillors in the local community.
- Deliver information on renewable energy projects being considered for local communities; through door to door engagement including follow ups (inperson, email, phone calls) and gather feedback on the proposals for the project development teams.
- Establish the most effective and efficient means of communication with each community through engagement at a local level.
- Develop community engagement strategies and stakeholder management plans to engage with new communities on Greenfield projects
- Draft communications material with the project development teams including drafting of leaflets, booklets, websites, social media etc. including communications updates a projects progress.
- Maintain records of engagement with locals and advise the project teams on community and individual aspirations.
- Manage all interactions with each project Community Liaison Officers (CLOs).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in a similar field of working with local communities with an excellent application of MicroSoft Applications and general IT systems.
- An excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to engage with individuals on a one to one or group basis.
- An understanding of community dynamics and the ability to work with community groups effectively.
- Proactive and solution-oriented - a practical doer who delivers quality results on time.
- A team player with strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Strong organisation skills and time management skills, with an energetic approach and a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in working with websites and updating them would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel frequently in RO Ireland and NI.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.