- BBBH770577 Nov 22, 2020 Competitive
I am working with an established and successful Irish construction company who are looking to hire a Commercial Manager to oversee their operations. Headquartered in Cork, this company design and manu
Commercial Manager - Construction
I am working with an established and successful Irish construction company who are looking to hire a Commercial Manager to oversee their operations. Headquartered in Cork, this company design and manufacture finished products for the building and construction sector across Ireland and the UK. Working with developers and main contractors, they are a market leader in their sector.
Essentially this role will be to coordinate timely delivery and fitting of the product across multiple sites at any given time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Sales and Production to understand how an order progresses through the business to become site ready
- Working back from client delivery dates, you will coordinate with the Production Manager to ensure that manufacturing is aligned to meet installation deadlines
- Maintain constant communication with customers/clients to firm up and finalise installation timelines
- Ensuring strong contractual protections are in place to protect the company, bearing in mind the ever-changing nature of construction project timelines
- Manage the on-site fit out process, including scheduling the workflow for the fitout teams
- Engage external subcontractors to assist with fitout when demand requires
- Keeping profitability at the forefront of your mind at all times, you will ensure that margin is maximised on each order
- Working with the leadership team to develop and promote a lean process throughout the entire operation
- Familiarise yourself with inhouse operational systems, allowing for a strong understanding of where each order is at in the process, what the profitability margin on the order is and where any potential risks may lie.
You should apply for this role if you have:
- Knowledge of how construction sites operate, and how multiple subcontractors need to work together on site to achieve a result
- A strong network of contacts in the Construction sector
- The organisational skills to manage multiple ongoing projects where details and deadlines may fluctuate
- Commercial acumen and an eye for maintaining and maximising margin
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Ambition to drive forward a thriving Cork company
For more information on this role, contact Ronan McInerney in Morgan McKinley
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Property & Construction Consultant