You are visiting this website from:
Skip to main content
- BBBH787412 Jul 12, 2021 Competitive
New Opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join a fast paced manufacturing company. This is a permanent role based in Carlow.
This role will be responsible for overseeing all purchasing requirements and establishing purchasing budgets based on the company's Inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the company's day-to-day purchasing activities
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Main point of contact with vendors when agreeing pricing for the coming year
- Working closely with our quality manager to help improve quality of components from suppliers and recommend alternative supply where applicable
- Support the Introduction of all new products and supply of require components
- Attend daily production meetings and facilitate an overview of requirements highlighting any foreseen Issues In relation to supply of product
- Working as a liaison between warehouse and production departments to ensure timely delivery of product
- Reviewing vendor scorecards & communicating non-conformance delivery schedules to vendors and making Improvements to Improve on late deliveries
- Ensuring all ISO standards and procedures are adhered to and proposing Improvements
- 4+ years' purchasing management experience
- Degree In supply Chain Management or similar
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- ERP systems experience require
- A skilled negotiator with excellent communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
+353 21 2300 300