Associate Director (Institutional Salse)
- BBBH793558 Sep 17, 2021 HK$71k -80k pm
A top US-based Service Provider is recruiting for an experienced Relationship Manager to join their Hong Kong Business Development Team.
About the company
Our client is a leading service provider in Financial Services
About the role
This role is based in Hong Kong, within the Business Relationship Management (BRM) group in Greater China, providing tactical marketing and business development management to assigned product groups.
Reporting to the Senior Director based in Hong Kong, the job holder will be responsible for all BRM activities:
- Work closely with the senior business originators and other team members based in Hong Kong to implement Fitch Ratings' business strategy and initiatives e.g. meeting the assigned Corporates/IPF/GIG revenue budgets for Hong Kong Centre, maintaining the leading market shares, etc.
- Maintain and build constructive business relationships with assigned existing Corporates/IPF/GIG issuers. Identify potential issuers and acquire new relationships via direct marketing/outreach
- Independently handle and tackle sophisticated or challenging business requests e.g. bidding for new mandates (initial rating & bond mandates), pitching for rating retention/conversion, negotiating commercial terms, gathering market intelligence for business decision making, conducting cold calls to prospect issuers, etc.
- Develop relationships with active investment bankers / underwriters / relationship managers / sector bankers for winning business opportunities covered by Hong Kong Centre
- Work closely with internal/external counterparts (issuers, bankers, Fitch analysts, etc) to assure smooth execution of new and existing rating exercises
- Work with revenue management team to lead and manage rating contract renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with business/billing support team to conduct timely billing and manage accounts receivables
- Execute and/or support various outreach initiatives (conferences, seminars, one-on-one meetings, electronic delivery, analyst meetings, Issuer Portal service, etc) to strengthen Fitch's market visibility
- Maintain and track Corporates/IPF/GIG deal flows on a regular basis and provide timely update to the senior management via weekly, monthly and ad-hoc market reports
- Provide back-up coverage to other business originators in Greater China when needed
- A minimum of 5-year relevant marketing or relationship management experience in debt capital markets or banking/financial services sectors;
- Experience in handling business relationship with SOEs, property issuers, LGFVs, and other relevant issuers;
- College or MBA degree with specialization in business, finance and other relevant disciplines;
- Some exposure to Bloomberg or Wind, effective presentation and negotiation skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and market participants on important industry issues;
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Good command of spoken and written Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese and English; and
- Extensive business travel is required when cross border travel restrictions are eased.
If this above description fits your experience and is something you would like to explore, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume to us.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Regan Lo at 3907 3944.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Operations Recruitment