Principal Software Engineer in Test
- BBBH801644 Dec 13, 2021 Competitive
The Senior/Principal Software Engineer in Test will lead the development and adoption of test automation frameworks to enable multiple teams to deliver higher quality code to production, faster.
This engineer will collaborate with other developers and QAs to design and implement an automation testing strategy to support the delivery of frontend, backend and mobile products. The ideal candidate for this role should be able to thrive in dynamic environments, have a strong work ethic, positive energy and the ability to innovate.
- Collaborating with other engineers and QAs to build/adopt the right mix of automated tests and infrastructure to allow teams to confidently release code to production without manual QA cycles.
- Supporting automation testing for cloud-native backend applications (.Net Core and Node.js), Single Page Applications and Mobile apps.
- Working with application teams to develop and execute performance tests.
- Playing active role in defining and implementing best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
- Helping teams automate their existing tests to run as part of the CI/CD process.
- Reviewing peer code to ensure quality and correctness of solutions
- Interacting with designers, developers, QA testers, copywriters, product owners and others in order to understand requirements and scope of work
- Helping the team to estimate work efforts for user stories, including determining requirements, dependencies and risks
- Conducting research and developing proof of concepts
- Participating in and contribute to all Agile Scrum ceremonies
- Collecting system performance and metrics to enable monitoring and operation
- Assist with the hiring of new members joining engineering teams
- Helping on the growth of other team members by providing guidance, feedback, code reviews and mentorship for less experienced team members
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- Complete understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of different design patterns and when to apply them
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and UI testing
- Experience with REST APIs and messaging systems.
- Experience with relational and object-oriented databases, and how to consume, manipulate and optimize applications that deal with large datasets
- Experience with OIDC and OAuth2 standards and how to implement them
- Experience integrating services with third-party vendors
- Knowledge of Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) development practices
Consultant | Technology Recruitment