- BBBH797817 Nov 01, 2021 Competitive
Global investment bank seeks a VP level Credit Manager as part of its expanding Natural Resources Credit team which covers EMEA corporate clients across a broad range of industries including Oil & Ga
There is currently an open Vice President position within the Risk Natural Resources Credit team which covers EMEA corporate clients across a broad range of industries including Oil & Gas, Metals and Mining, Chemicals, Pulp Paper & Packaging, Building Materials, Utilities and Commodity Trading.
The Credit Risk team works closely with business partners across the region including Debt Capital Markets, Acquisition and Leveraged Finance, M&A, Corporate Bank, Markets (including Global Commodities), Treasury Services and Trade Finance. In addition, we work closely with CCBSI EMEA as it continues to build out its franchise. The individual will be focused on performing credit analysis on a broad spectrum of clients as well as structuring and documenting of a wide variety of products for clients operating in volatile commodity markets. Key products include
- Acquisition debt financings and Leverage buy outs;
- High Yield Bonds (and bridges thereto);
- Infrastructure financings including Whole Business Securitizations;
- Syndicated and bilateral loans (including more specialist forms of reserve based lending) ;
- Debt restructurings / amendment & waivers
- Corporate / Structured derivatives (e.g. commodities, FX, interest rate, inflation);
- Trade finance including LCs, ECA financings, supply chain finance;
- Treasury service products including cash management.
More specifically the role will require:
- Strong credit skills to lead credit approval processes for a broad portfolio of clients and industries. The candidate must be able to lead in depth due diligence processes, understand complex corporate structures and coordinate and produce concise and insightful credit memos which will be the basis on which credit decisions are made.
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- A strong ability to lead the structuring, negotiation and execution of finance documents.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel on negotiation of loan documentation terms. Strong understanding of ISDA/CSA documentation. Familiarity with trade and treasury products and documentation.
- An ability to develop close working relationships at senior levels with a variety of areas within the Corporate & Investment Bank and CCBSI, including Coverage/GCB/CB, product specialists (DCM, ALF, Trade, TSS), Markets (Derivative Sales, Global Commodities), Capital Markets and M&A.
- Regular liaison with Senior Credit Executives in EMEA.
- Prime responsibility for the pro-active management of exposure to a portfolio of names and industry sectors.
- Coaching and development of junior team members to bring them up the curve, both on the job and through trainings.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must demonstrate first rate analytical and credit skills/judgment, with an intensive 'hands on' approach to digging into the details of credit and structure.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate risk / reward outcomes and to proactively react to changing (and challenging) commodity price environments
- Proven ability to drive prudent and commercially balanced solutions
- Should have previous experience leading the negotiation of leveraged/structured finance documentation and of reviewing and commenting on broader loan documentation/ corporate derivative documentation.
- Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, syndicate banks, product specialists and credit officers, and to partner with them effectively.
- Proven coaching and development ability.
- First rate project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Self-starting, result-driven, multi-tasking, risk-reward mindset and adaptable to change given the dynamic nature and timing of work-flow.
- Significant experience in roles with relevant skills for this position
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Risk Management Recruitment
+44 (0)20 7092 0103