Corporate Credit Risk Specialist - Loans & Derivatives VP
- BBBH777758 Mar 16, 2021 Competitive
Global investment bank seeks a VP level Corporate Credit Specialist with wide exposure to loans and derivatives.High exposure to high yield/leveraged loans.
Credit Risk Management division evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. Team also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
To analyse counterparties, identify and quantify risk drivers in transaction structures, prepare credit memos, make recommendations and manage exposure.
- Analyse credit risks in corporate loan transactions and derivative trade requests to recommend accurate credit risk ratings and appropriate risk appetite.
- Assume primary role for loan transaction execution, from deal inception to financial close, including presentation at credit committee and to senior management.
- Liaise with clients and internal business units on credit requirements (assisting structuring new transactions), approvals and ongoing relationship management.
- Manage portfolio of corporate loan and derivative counterparties, including annual and quarterly reviews and adhoc waiver requests.
- Analyse economic and market events and their impact on the portfolio of counterparties managed.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Extensive experience in corporate credit analysis and financial forecasting, assigning ratings and sizing risk appetite.
- Familiar with financial markets, financing and risk mitigating structures.
- Product knowledge e.g. leveraged loans, swaps, equities.
- Familiarity with legal documentation and risk issues, including LMA and bond documentation, ISDAs, CSAs, netting, and credit mitigating features.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer applications, particularly Excel (financial modeling), Powerpoint and Word.
- Fluency in English plus one European language would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
+ 44 20 7092 0103