- BBBH799807 Nov 29, 2021 Competitive
Forward-thinking investment manager based at St Paul's are seeking a skilled corporate communications professional to join their team.
Morgan McKinley have partnered with Federated Hermes on an exclusive basis, they are a global leader in active, responsible investing based at St Paul's. They welcome applications from all eligible candidates, and particularly encourage applications from eligible candidates from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services sector.
Assistant Manager - Corporate Communications (Asset Management)
This role is a combination of external and internal communications on behalf of the Corporate Communications team. It primarily interfaces with the Responsibility Office and the Investment Office to promote initiatives in the media but also has a key responsibility to support the rest of the team with incoming media enquiries. It also covers important internal communications work including publishing on the intranet and supporting internal communications events.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of Assistant Corporate Communications Manager:
- Responsibility Office: Be day to day contact on behalf of Corporate Communications with RO office supporting media and internal comms engagement for the Head of Responsibility; the Public Policy team; and the ESG Integration team. Build out a calendar of activity, identifying with the RO office PR opportunities and themes that can be used with media
- Investment Office: As above but with a primary focus on Senior Economist of FH, working with them to issue statement in response to significant economic events and promoting newsworthy papers to media. Again, work with them to build out a calendar of activity.
- Media engagement: Build relationships with relevant reporters in core press staying connected regularly pitching story ideas.
- Media coordination: Support the other team members with the large call numbers from press helping to coordinate meetings and sit in on calls.
- Coordinate Media Training activities with outside agency
- Internal communications: Central contact for intranet related activity. Required to learn how to use the intranet publishing tool and support the Head of Corporate Communications with other internal communications such as the All Staff Call
Other team-wide responsibilities:
- Support the team with administrative duties including monthly and quarterly reports
- Keep planning documents up-to-date to enable the corporate communications team to plan the year ahead and keep the business updated on activity
- Ensure the external website is up-to-date
- Responsible, with the rest of the team, for posting of all press releases, papers and blogs
- Ensure all compliance records are maintained and up to date
- Arrange media training for new spokespeople
- Maintain up-to-date media lists to ensure target audience is reached
Regulatory Responsibilities of Assistant Corporate Communications Manager:
- Adhere to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
Experience Required of Assistant Corporate Communications Manager:
- Solid experience in public relations roles, preferably in finance industry
- Some financial services experience, preferably in asset management
- A good understanding of or desire to learn about financial markets
- A growing understanding of the media or good media contacts at national/trade/wire/broadcast
- Able to demonstrate an ability to multi-task and cover a wide range of topics in an extremely fast moving environment
Candidate Profile, Skills and Knowledge:
- Enthusiastic, resilient, team player with sound influencing and diplomacy skills
- Dynamic self-starter, with good initiative and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Curiosity, creativity and willingness to learn
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with internal and external clients and colleagues
- Excellent writing and oral skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Team Lead | Marketing, Digital & Sales Support | Asset Management
+44 (0)20 7092 0010