Audit Manager. Growing City firm with partner potential
- BBBH781760 Jan 05, 2022 £65k - £70k
Award winning city firm has a newly created role for an experienced Audit and Accounts Manager to join the team. There is real possibility of progressing within the firm to make Partner in your career
Award winning city firm has a newly created role for an experienced Audit and Accounts Manager to join the team. There is real possibility of progressing within the firm to make Partner in your career here. The firm has an enviable client base (including media, property, sports, retail, charities, IT clients. From start ups to multinational clients) The firms has won many awards, is known as an excellent employer and has a very good attitude towards the work life balance and wellbeing of its staff.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working directly with two Partners to oversee a portfolio of clients and ensuring that compliance requirements are met by liaising with the client and directing work internally for completion
- Providing high level technical guidance on accounts and tax matters
- Client management and commercial awareness - Agreeing fees with partners and clients, understanding the basis of time costs and the value the client places on the work undertaken, raising bills and following up on outstanding debt
- Reviewing clients from a commercial perspective and understand where they are in their journey, where they want to be and how the firm can help them get the best outcome.
- Considering and exploiting opportunities for winning new work - maintaining good relationships with clients, identifying key introducers and actively maintaining contact with them.
- Maintaining a sound technical knowledge and awareness of emerging issues, attending courses to support this.
- Overseeing specific client assignments - Such as valuations.
- Majority of work will currently be focussed on accounts statutory compliance under FRS102/FRS102 1A with some reporting under IFRS and undertaking specialist audits such as Charities.
- Liaising and meeting with clients in relation to audit planning, progress and conclusion. Making pro-active recommendations where relevant.
- Assessing tax treatments to ensure tax efficiency. Supervising and filing tax returns.
- Providing proactive advice as to technical aspects and solutions to accounting, financial reporting and tax computation.
- Assessing performance of audit staff allocated for review and mentoring periodically.
- Organising and participating in audit meetings to discuss topical issues.
- Attending courses/webinars to keep up to date relevant technical and regulatory changes.
- Perform any special professional work as requested by partners.
- Completing and updating client due diligence forms as and when required.
- From time to time, to research into latest technical developments in respect of audit and financial reporting, and to seek out any specific knowledge as needed.
- ACA/ACCA/CA (or equivalent) qualified
- People management/supervisory experience with evidence of assisting others to develop both technical and soft skills
- Experience of reviewing others work and managing subsequent changes
- Ability to consistently produce work of a high standard and meeting/surpassing expectations.
- Strong working knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS and ability to apply this to both audit and accounts preparation.
- Strong working knowledge of current tax laws and regulations as well as a pro-active awareness of upcoming changes.
- Evidence of ability to add significant value to a client outside of the standard remit
- Identifying emerging/relevant accounting issues for the audit department
- Identifying areas of concern/areas for improvement for the audit department and proposing/devising/implementing appropriate training
- Liaising with other departments to understand information requirements and provide clients with a joined-up approach. Consider how this can be made as efficient and seamless as possible.
- Engaging with tax teams to obtain technical expertise in complex areas, work with them to relay this at appropriate levels of detail with the audit team
- You will have strong business focus and awareness of current affairs
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- An ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Confidence with being client facing
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant, External Audit and Outsourcing recruitment Big 4 and Mid Tier firms
+44 (0)20 7092 0035