- BBBH798791 Nov 11, 2021 £600 - £700 pd
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Regulatory Oversight Manager on behalf of a top-tier bank based in Belfast on an initial 6 month contract. The contractor will be rewarded with a day rate of up to
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Regulatory Oversight Manager on behalf of a top-tier bank based in Belfast on an initial 6 month contract. The contractor will be rewarded with a day rate of up to £617.
The Operations Regulatory Control group is a centralised unit that is responsible for the oversight of day to day compliance for regulatory reporting including exception managment and risk mitigation for the following areas:
- MiFID II Transaction Reporting obligations to National Competent Authorities (NCA);
- SMMD Reporting obligation to the BoE
- Oversight and reporting to numerous other regulatory bodies and/or Debt Management Offices
The team is responsible for the review, action (including re-submission) and oversight of daily Trade and Transaction exception reporting data.
The team works very closely with Compliance, Business, Technology and Operations to interpret, investigate and remediate regulatory issues.
Role / Position Overview
To provide support to the oversight and exception management processes supported by the team in Belfast.
Review of trade, position and transaction reporting validation and reconciliation exceptions pertaining to trade / transaction data submitted to regulators (including FCA, BaFIN, CBI & BOE).
The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations, Technology, and key business stakeholders to assist with the coordination of a remediate project and back reporting exercise.
Key tasks to involve the analysis of replay data, to aid the Reporting team in Belfast, and working in conjunction with Senior Management in London to highlight issues and raise solutions through interpretation of submitted data.
- Analysis of reportable/non-reportable data based on historic transaction reports to numerous NCAs.
- Determination of reportability of in scope/out-of scope activity in collaboration with key ORC Change and Compliance stakeholders.
- Coordination of back reporting exercises in conjunction with ORG seniors and Approved Reporting Mechanism guidelines.
- Review of existing ORC Reporting processes relating to Transaction Reporting, and other regulations, in line with BOW activities. This includes monitoring and reviewing JIRAs, and providing feedback to the ORC management team and peers.
- Investigation of issues arising from the TR processes and escalation to management where appropriate
- Identification of areas for improving existing processes and controls
- Daily MI creation and delivery, ensuring that issues are understood and communicated to senior management
- Performing UAT for new and existing processes ensuring that expected outcomes are achieved in order to mitigate risk
- Ensuring documentation is updated and maintained as part of procedural reviews
- Strong analytical background, and attention to detail;
- Understanding of reconciliation management and the provision of clear and concise documentation;
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages and high level of competency in excel;
- Self-starter, able to work on initiative and organise themselves well;
- Good interpersonal communication skills which will be required for both internal and external business partners;
- Pro-active, likely to instigate change;
- Able to build effective working relationships quickly and maintain them;
- Focused on providing a high standard of service to clients;
- Resilient and tenacious;
- Excellent time management and strong understanding of managing priority items in a day to day business environment
GSCE "A" Level standard or equivalent
Good numeric skills
Industry exams e.g. FSA module exams or a full affiliate status
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant - Corporate Accounts
+44 (0)1179 440 600