- Feb 20, 2023
- S$5-9k pm
MMK Talent Solutions is hiring a Malware Analyst for a leading award winning Health tech agency who will be responsible to investigate cybersecurity threats
We are seeking a malware analysis expert to lead the malware analysis team in Cyber Defence Group of a leading Healthtech agency. You will play an important role in the cyber defence of the this sector against all cyber threats. Your primary responsibility will be to lead investigations into malware threats facing public healthcare institutions. As the team lead, you will also be expected to further develop the team's malware analysis capabilities, as well as collaborate with other cybersecurity operations teams performing functions such as security monitoring, digital forensics, incident response, threat intelligence, etc
Roles and responsibilities
1. Set up and lead a team of malware analysts to investigate cybersecurity threats, perform root cause analysis, and contribute towards efforts to close a cybersecurity incident.
2. Independently analyse potential malware samples using static and dynamic malware analysis tools/techniques to identify malware behaviour and purpose, as well as extract indicators of compromise.
3. Investigate email threats and handle email phishing campaigns.
4. Design and run threat hunts as necessary.
5. Provide strong technical guidance during investigations.
6. Develop scripts or build solutions to enhance/automate the triage and analysis process.
7. Document technical findings clearly and concisely.
8. Develop/review malware analysis SOPs and playbooks.
9. Mentor and train in-house malware analysts.
10. Track and analyse malware-related cybersecurity metrics for optimal effectiveness, benchmarking, and management reporting.
1. At least 3 years of experience and demonstrable skillsets in malware analysis, with over 10 years of experience in cybersecurity.
2. Able to lead a team as well as perform malware analysis independently.
3. Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with strong analytical and investigative skills.
4. Able to remain calm under pressure.
5. Good collaborative and communication skills.
6. Familiar with the Kill Chain Methodology, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), etc.
7. Familiar with the latest APT TTPs.
8. Familiar with malware behaviours, such as different types of injection, registry persistence, etc.
9. Able to overcome different types of obfuscation, encoding, and encryption.
10. Able to reverse 64-bit malware, C++ binaries, and other types of malware.
11. Able to intercept and analyse network traffic to derive additional insights and indicators of compromise from malware samples.
12. Past experience with threat hunting and/or DFIR work will be an advantage.
EA Licence No: 11C5502 | EAP Registration No: R22105417