Network Engineer (Contract)
- BBBH769503 Nov 05, 2020 S$5-9k pm
Our client is a top technology organization where they provide various platforms and innovation solutions through large data centers to their clientele base. They are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participates in the development and /or creates troubleshooting guides and trains the NSE team on the platform and how to troubleshoot issues
- Participates with NSE as needed to troubleshoot layer 1-3 network issues experienced by end customers and service providers
- Creates engineering deployment packages (EDPs), including rack elevation drawings, space and power requirements, cable run lists, and any other site specific documentation
- Performs first installation of new technology or services
- Completes documentation for use by Operations (EDPs, configurations, and training guides)
- Completes commission readiness
- End to end testing of integrated solutions/services including BSS, OSS, and Software Engineering, with Network platforms/elements
- Creates new and innovative test strategies for tests in laboratory and field testing environments
- Provides feedback on how testing results can result in design changes to the Network Architecture team and platform vendors
- Develops scripts that are the basis for test automation and incorporated into a test automation framework
- Overall 7-9 years of experience, at least 3 years working experience on PAN firewalls and Juniper EX series switching.
- Demonstrable industry experience (Datacenter services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is advantageous)
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
- Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on datacenter market.
- Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
- Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (PAN Firewalls, Cisco ISE, Global Protect, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Cisco Meraki wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc)
- Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers (F5).
- Familiarity and/or experience with scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
- Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to email@example.com
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789
Consultant | IT Contract & Interim Solutions Recruitment
+65 6818 3138