- Oct 14, 2022
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a leading bank currently looking for a 12 months contractor to join their team. This position reports into the Client review head.
AVP, Credit & Payment
- Assists the Vice President, and SVP, Insurance Operations to oversee the Credit & Payment department. Duties include overseeing matters relating to accounts payable and receivable. In addition, the role holder needs to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and provide support to various stakeholders in the attainment of Strategic and Operating Plan objectives. The adoption and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, practices and internal controls must be ensured to be in line with company's standards and recommendation by internal and external auditors.
- Provide support on system changes and enhancements pertaining to the insurance business and adherence to all deadlines imposed by both local management and regulatory, and assist in the smooth running of the department. Aim is to maintain/ improve the service standards and operational processing and efficiency of the team.
- Participation in ad hoc assignments is also required.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable processes
- Participate in initiatives as required by the business.
- Take personal responsibility and be vigilant against financial crimes when carrying out duties and responsibilities. Know all relevant FCC policies and procedures, and know when to escalate concerns or unusual activities.
- Maintain significant cross-functional ties with other support and business delivery departments
- Provide operational support to support new business growth objectives, which may include introduction of new products, and managing regulatory changes
- Assist to coach an effective team that collaborates with other teams in Insurance Ops/ Credit & Payment and other functions to generate desired deliverables
- Continue personal development and upskilling and reach a capability level required of the specific role
- Help to develop a high performance team and culture which attracts and retains top talent. Inspire and lead motivated staffs, who are high impact performers.
- Ensure an effective internal process and operation environment within the team
- Support the team in compliance to accounting policies and control. In addition, develop and lead change process.
- Identify and pursue significant business and efficiency opportunities and spearhead improvements for higher internal service standards.
- 8 years of post-qualified experience, of which 5 years at management level
- 1 year of experience in project management
- Knowledge of AS400 systems is a definite advantage.
- UAT experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Keep abreast of latest financial accounting environment and insurance regulations, and changes and anticipative of impacts to the organisation.
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R21101982
Registration Name: Fabian Leow
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted