- Feb 14, 2023
- S$10-14k pm
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Multinational Corporate Bank who are well known for their Corporate Lending and Commercial Banking business in the APAC region.
The VP will be reporting to the line manager who oversees the FI credit portfolio and the specialised Fund Finance APAC team. You are expecting to provide specific expertise from past experience as a Credit Analyst / Credit Reviewer, specifically across products like Subscription Financing, Limited Partnership Financing and NAV Financing. You will play a key role in writing credit memos and making sound recommendations to the approval team for the Fund Finance portfolio.
Role and responsibilities
- Evaluation of credit applications, internal ratings, and transaction proposals for new or existing Institutional Investor clients in Asia and Oceania. This includes reviewing transaction material and the analysis submitted by the Business, where appropriate challenging assumptions and conclusions.
- Providing solutions and adding value to the Business by engaging in client and transaction discussions, due diligence, giving clear guidance on policy and risk appetite and influencing transaction structures and facility terms & conditions to mitigate risk.
- Engaging with the Business on early stage potential transactions, forming a view on these transactions and as appropriate, discussing and presenting these to Credit senior management. Attend deal screening committees and communicate credit views and challenges on proposals.
- Present transactions in a concise and clear manner to senior Business and Credit management both locally and overseas, evidencing deep knowledge of the client, transaction, and risks & mitigants.
- Provide clearly articulated views on whether a client and proposal is bankable and if not, where appropriate, providing alternatives and risk mitigating solutions.
- Support, coach and mentor Credit team colleagues, contributing to a strong and supportive team environment.
- Work collegiately with all stakeholders across divisions and jurisdictions, building a network of trusted relationships. Work closely with the Business and attend meetings with them on transactions, providing clarity and strong guidance and direction on risk appetite.
- Active involvement in term sheet, loan documentation and ISDA/CSA review and discussions with Business stakeholders, influencing where appropriate content and credit terms, ensuring these are acceptable from a risk and commercial standpoint.
- Proactively keep track and monitor allocated portfolio and clients from a client specific as well as a sector and country perspective, and where issues are identified, flagging these with relevant Business and Credit stakeholders. Formulate mitigating actions where material risk issues arise.
- Support new initiatives by the Business providing guidance from a risk perspective. Involvement where appropriate in the development of credit and policy guidelines and participation and support on assigned projects including contribution to change initiatives to drive efficiencies.
- Involvement in various initiatives and projects including change of policies, procedures liaising with relevant stakeholders in the Region and also in Tokyo Head Office.
- Minimum 7 years of financial sector experience, including 4 years of Asset Manager and Fund Finance portfolio coverage experience.
- Experience in analysis and documentation of Subscription, NAV finance transactions and traded products, including derivatives and securities financing transactions, across a range of Institutional Investor clients such as Asset Managers, Private Equity, Pension and Sovereign Wealth Funds, across Asia or Oceania.
- Experience in credit assessment of Equity Margin Lending and Secured Asset Financing transactions.
- Good understanding of different sector risk dynamics, drivers and fundamentals, as well as changing regulatory landscape, with an ability to apply this in the analysis of counterparty success factors and business and financial risks.
- Strong track record of working closely with Business partners, building trust and adding value by providing clear and early advice on risk appetite, due diligence requirements and structuring, and finding solutions to risk issues.
- Track record of providing a contribution beyond business-as-usual credit risk management, including around credit portfolio reporting, deep dive analysis, contribution to policy, ideas for improvement, special projects, etc.
- Evidencing a strong graduate or post graduate academic record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication considering the audience and any cultural sensitivity.
- Communicates verbally in a confident and effective manner to stakeholders at any level.
- Deep analytical skills and the ability to think laterally to find solutions and mitigation to risk issues.
- Ability to make clear recommendations balancing all risk and commercial considerations.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills and sound judgement.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, including strong numerical skills.
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932