- JN -012024-1953914
- Jan 16, 2024
Morgan McKinley are delighted to be partnering with their client to assist in the recruitment of a production biochemist to join their team on a fixed term contract basis.
Morgan McKinley are delighted to be partnering with their client, a a leading developer and manufacturer of diagnostic products for the point-of-care and clinical laboratory markets to assist in the recruitment of a production biochemist to join their team on a fixed term contract basis.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Production Biochemist will work as part of a team carrying out daily duties according to the company's cGMP and Quality Systems, in order to meet the agreed master production schedule. They will work to key metrics in Health & Safety, Quality/Compliance, Customer Service (internal and external) and Cost. They must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach towards identifying and resolving issues which may impact the schedule or quality of product.
- Ensuring that daily manufacture and testing of all material/product, ensuring it is carried out in an accurate and efficient manner, in line with all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Highlighting any issues which may lead to failure in Production, Quality or Compliance.
- Revising documentation as required and recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Working effectively to build productive relationships with other functional groups within the company.
- A degree in life science (preferable) with extensive lab experience.
- Preferably at least one (1) years' industrial experience in the production/quality control of in vitro diagnostic or similar products.
- Understanding of production operations, quality assurance/control and cGMP/GLP requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical data, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to show a high level of care and attention to all aspects of the role and show a desire to achieve excellence through own initiative.
- Proven team player capable of working within multiple areas.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet production deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, planning and judgement skills and ability to positively achieve results through others.
- Flexible and willing to carry out overtime as necessary.
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with their client in relation to these roles
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.