- Oct 27, 2023
On behalf of one of our clients in the Pharmaceutical industry, we are currently seeking a Materials Associate to join their Waterford manufacturing site on contract..
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for all storage and movement of raw materials and products within Horizon Therapeutics Supply Chain Function, including up-to-date inventory recording.
- To ensure that incoming materials are checked in, receipted, stored, sampled and distributed according to company procedures.
- To support the retrieval of QC samples of material batches within the staging area and rigorously follow Health and Safety dress code and cleaning procedures.
- To Pick & Stage materials for production and reconcile all materials back from production in accordance with operating procedures.
- To prepare shipments for customer collection or subcontract facilities.
- To maintain stock accuracy by leading the stock-taking and cycle-counting process, including sundry materials.
- To process all materials documentation/logbooks and complete all SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- To work as a team member, helping to implement and carry out all company GxP work practices, Lean Initiatives and Health & Safety and Environmental procedures, including high-potency waste disposal.
- To always represent the company/department in an appropriate manner when dealing with suppliers, couriers, customers and colleagues.
- To maintain all materials handling equipment in a safe manner.
- To carry out any other functions necessary for the smooth running of materials areas and support continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 3rd level qualification or Minimum 3 years' experience within the Pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience in either Manufacturing or Materials movements in a GMP environment a district advantage
- Exposure to GMP audits an advantage, for example FDA, HPRA or other
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanour.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.