City of London
- BBBH771995 Dec 21, 2020 £60k - £80k
This European financial services organisation is looking for a Tax Manager to join it's team. The role will focus primarily on indirect tax issues, but will offer the role holder some exposure to dire
This European financial services organisation is looking for a Tax Manager to join it's team. The role will focus primarily on indirect tax issues, but will offer the role holder some exposure to direct tax work. You will join a team of 4 tax specialists, who are responsible for managing the tax compliance and reporting obligations for, as well as providing advisory support to, their London based operations.
Reporting directly into the UK Head of Tax, you will be responsible for:
- Assistance with the VAT return preparation, payment process and invoice reviews
- Dealing with correspondence from, and meetings with HM Revenue & Customs including information requests and audits
- Take a key role within the implementation of Making Tax Digital (MTD) project team, to address VAT in 2021 and other taxes thereafter; assistance with using technology to assist and improve processes
- Assisting with the Corporation tax compliance cycle for ING's wholesale banking entities (approx. 5).
- Assisting the internal Finance team with tax aspects of the statutory accounts, prepare and submit tax computations and returns and ensure all payments, claims and elections are made on a timely basis
- Prepare UK bank levy calculations, both for forecasting purposes and for submission to HMRC
- Involvement in the quarterly reporting process
- Tax support for the Directors and VPs within the Tax department e.g. on advisory transactions and innovation projects
- Dealing with ad hoc questions from internal and external stakeholders
This is an outstanding opportunity for a qualified tax professional that is looking to gain substantial knowledge and in-house tax experience across the major taxes affecting the UK tax function of a major global bank. Working within a highly experienced UK tax team, this role will allow the successful candidate plenty of opportunity to learn, develop and progress in years to come. You will need to be a qualified tax professional - ACA and/or CTA - with working knowledge and experience of at least UK VAT compliance and a willingness to broaden your experience to include corporate tax.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Tax
+44 20 7092 0030