- BBBH779427 Apr 08, 2021 £60k - £80k
My client a leading international Banking Group are looking for a talented Financial Accountant to support the team through busy 12 month period.
Morgan McKinley are partnering with a global banking group looking for a Financial Accountant on a 12 month contract paying between £60-65k.
The role will be responsible for maintaining key controls, preparation of key external reports and exceptional service for internal customers.
This will be managing and controlling accounting for CBILS agreements, preparation for balance sheet reconciliations and returns, systems reconciliations, COVID reporting to the PRA and supporting the finance manager on developments of the back office system.
- Preparing and submitting the weekly COVID-related reporting to the PRA. Ensuring controls are followed and any risk of error are mitigated.
- First point of contact for all CBILs meetings, workshops and changes.
- Develop a full understanding of the CBILS product, including understanding the way the product is managed in the back-office system, the controls in place and the reporting requirements.
- Preparing and submitting the quarterly BIP and SLF reporting for CBILs and BBLs agreements to the BBB.
- Run the daily CBILS / BBLS exception reporting process and ensure that exceptions are followed up and resolved promptly.
- Work with the various Ops and Collections teams to help explain and resolve CBILS / BBLS exceptions.
- Assist the business in pricing / structuring CBILS agreements, including rescheduling of existing agreements.
- Assist the business in calculating adjustments to BIP in the case of early- or part-settlement of an agreement.
- Perform system reconciliations and investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Periodically test and challenge all system calculations and controls.
- Providing ongoing back up and support to the Finance Manager and the Ops Finance team.
- Perform several key balance sheet and P&L reconciliations.
- First review of weekly reconciliations to ensure they are completed and fully investigated within timescales along with the review, investigation and correction of all outstanding items.
- Provide financial subject matter expertise to the branches and the wider finance team when required, assisting in required calculations for BAU processes.
- Actively supporting the Company's Vision & Values, ensuring it is promoted and adhered to within the team.
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced excel (VBA/Macros)
- Strong systems knowledge (SQL/Alteryx desirable but not essential
- Practical working knowledge of financial instruments
- Experience preparing reports and manipulating large data sets within a Financial services business
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment
+44 20 7092 0127