- JN -012024-1954040
- Jan 15, 2024
- €50k - €70k
Are you an experienced Industrial Engineer with a passion for developing and enhancing supply chain solutions. If so, then this one of a kind role could be just for you.
My client, one of the largest food distributers in Ireland are seeking to hire a Warehouse Industrial Engineer to join their Supply Chain team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing this company's supply chain function and in turn creating and implementing new standards and procedures using engineering priciples which will optimise this company's entire operation.
The ideal candidate for this position will need a strong engineering background while understanding how their skillset can be used effectively in the continuous improvement of the company's performance standards. Ideally candidates will have excellent project management skills and someone who posses a bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering is highly sought after. An understanding of warehousing and logistics is also essential to be successful in this position.
There will be an expectation for travel across Ireland from time to time in this position also.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Employ time and motion studies, data analysis, and observation techniques for the acquisition of information and insights.
- Create and enforce productivity targets and performance standards by drawing upon industry benchmarks, best practices, and operational needs.
- Conduct reassessments of existing performance standards. Thoroughly analyze current supply chain processes to pinpoint areas for enhancement in efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and overall performance.
- Collaborate with warehouse management and cross-functional teams to recognize and implement process improvements.
- Devise and execute changes to workflow, layout, and material handling systems to amplify overall operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Institute and oversee key performance indicators (KPIs) to gauge and monitor warehouse operations' performance.
- Work closely with IT teams to seamlessly integrate technology solutions into existing operations.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to instill a culture of continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence within the warehouse team.
- Utilize data analytics and statistical tools to collect and interpret data regarding production processes, identifying trends, and proposing actionable insights.
- Lead and engage in projects focused on implementing process improvements.
- Develop project plans, coordinate resources, and ensure successful execution.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of process changes, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Create and implement productivity targets aligned with industry benchmarks, best practices, and operational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in Industrial Engineering within a manufacturing or supply chain environment, preferably within warehouse or logistics operations.
- Proficiency in using industrial engineering tools and software.
- Strong knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Proficient in data analysis and statistical tools.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | (Logistics, Transport, Warehousing & Trade Compliance) for Munster & Connaught