Dublin City Centre
- BBBH778904 Apr 06, 2021 Competitive
Settlements Risk Analyst - Equities, Fixed Income Bonds, Convertible Bonds, Options, ETF's, and ADR's, with a focus on regulatory and economic impact
My client is a global quantitative trading firm and is a global player in the market who operated in 10 locations.
My client will interview, offer and virtually onboard for this position with 100% work from home at the onboarding stage.
You will be primarily responsible for Global Settlements for my clients European companies. The role involves working closely with traders in a front office environment. You will be required to build an excellent knowledge of the products traded and also the international markets in which they operate.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true trading environment and further their knowledge.
- Position management through analysis of long/short positions on multi listed securities and instructing reregistration of securities to cover any short positions.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient settlement of all OTC and Exchange Trades across a range of different products such as: Equities, Fixed Income Bonds, Convertible Bonds, Options, ETF's, and ADR's, with a focus on regulatory and economic impact
- Liaison with inter-company departments such as: Securities Lending, Corporate Actions, Technology, Trading Desks and Trade Support to ensure high settlement rate and best service to the traders.
- Directing the Prime Broker and Direct Market Access (DMA) provider's settlement functions
- Daily monitoring and analysis of all buy-in notices received from Exchanges and DMA providers.
- Proactively communicate with traders and other relevant parties to quickly and efficiently manage critical trades which may result in buy in or exchange fines
- Investigation/analysis of all interest claims, fines, buy-ins received in order to recommend changes to trading strategies so as to reduce such costs.
- Develop good relationships with Prime Brokers, Execution Brokers and clients.
- Compilation and analysis of monthly management reports on trading volume, tender offers, interest claims, buy-in notices, trade fails and PnL impact.
- Research and analysis into new markets/products.
- Project work directly relating to trading desks activities.
What we're looking for
- 3rd level degree, preferably in a business or finance related discipline is desirable.
- Experience in a similar role with European Settlements experience an advantage
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills are essential.
- Ambitious and self-motivated, not afraid to ask questions and use own initiative
- Knowledge of and an interest in financial markets and European Settlements
- Previous exposure to European Exchanges desirable, but not essential
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access.
- Strong communicator (verbal and written).
- Strong customer focus.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555