Senior Underwriter Technical Lines ( Construction)
- BBBH802869 Jan 05, 2022 Competitive
Underwriter/SeniorUnderwriter Technical Lines - Construction | Permanent| Dublin An exciting opportunity has come up in a Global insurance company
For an Underwriter/ Senior Underwriter Technical Lines ( Construction). The requirement is for someone to underwrite contractors all risks, property and casualty business emanating from brokers. Maintaining and building relationships with a panel of brokers with a view to writing additional new business is key to the success of this role as well as growing the existing portfolio in line with our agreed growth, pricing and retention budget.
- Meet the portfolio product line objectives of the Tech Lines ( Construction) Department for each underwriting year.
- Assist in developing underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management in order to achieve underwriting profitability.
- Business will emanate from Ireland and Northern Ireland based brokers.
- You will play a key role in the development of new business leads initiated by the Business Development Manager in Dublin and Belfast by:-
- Meeting with the broker Account Director/Executive, or other broker contact, to negotiate the best price, terms and conditions for Chubb, using the BDMs when appropriate to do so.
- Following up on the quote provided to the broker contact (including, by way of phone call or further meeting) to ensure the company successfully writes the business.
- Maintaining our existing portfolio with the agreed targets for the year and developing and building a professional relationship with our clients.
- Meeting company standards relating to accuracy of policy documentation, premiums being debited on time, ie by the month end close, and compliance with regulatory standards in respect of contract certainty.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of a construction line, the insurance market and competitors.
- Demonstrated experience of dealing with brokers and clients.
- An expert underwriting professional with a strong reputation.
- Excellent planning, proactivity, using initiative and being a good communicator.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555