- JN -032023-1928253
- Oct 27, 2023
- €90k - €120k
A Main Contractor in Dublin requires a Senior/ Managing QS for their team. You will be working on restoration/heritage, educational and healthcare projects.
Role: Senior QS/ Managing QS
Salary Scope: 95-115K (DOE) / vehicle / package
Job Type: Perm (Hybrid)
Key Responsibilities as Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Managing QS:
* As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager regarding all QS affairs.
* Review tender inquiries, estimate projects, and negotiate cost-effective contracts.
* Liaising and negotiating with subcontractors to agree costs and ensure prompt issuing of letters of appointment.
* Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets, costs and for variations to project scope.
* Record and discuss design changes and remeasures with relevant parties.
* Preparation of monthly interim valuations and project final accounts.
* Production of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on contracts and presentation of same to management.
* Establish, maintain, and nurture effective working relationships with subcontractors, site staff and clients.
* Attend site meetings as required to report and address any issues.
* Look for opportunities to maximize revenue, reduce costs; alongside the ability to identify and investigate losses.
* Stay updated on industry and competitive developments.
* Assess current procedures and implement improved standard operating procedures when required.
* Assist in the guidance and development of Junior Surveyors.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Relevant Third level Degree.
* Minimum 5 years Main Contractor Experience.
* Keen eye for QS matters with a strong interest in career progression.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to present findings effectively.
* Excellent written, communication and people skills.
* Familiarity with the eTenders platform.
* Experience in public works contracts would be advantageous.
* Ability to work well within a team environment, with a strong ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
* IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages & cubit are an advantage.
What's on offer:
* Excellent career prospects and CPD development.
* Competitive Salary and package.
* Opportunity for further career development and upskilling.
* Positive working culture whereby new innovations are supported and welcomed.
* The opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across a variety of sectors.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.