- Dublin City Centre
- JN -012024-1954494
- Jan 22, 2024
- €50k - €70k
Our client is one of Ireland's leading retail and SME banks. Their focus is centred on ensuring we deliver what our customers, colleagues and communities need to be successful.
Senior Asset & Liability Management Analyst
As an Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Senior Analyst, you will be supporting the delivery of best practice in the areas of: Liquidity and Funding, Interest Rate Risk Management, Funds Transfer
Pricing, Internal & Regulatory Reporting, Financial Modelling, and any activities required to support the wider Treasury Function.
Group Treasury is responsible for:
The purpose of the ALM function (the "Function") is to identify and manage the risks faced by the firm due to the mismatch between assets and liabilities. These risks can arise from Liquidity, Funding, or changes in Interest Rates.
The Function focuses on profitability, long term stability and viability subject to balance sheet constraints, strategy, governance, and control. Significant among these constraints are maintaining credit quality, meeting liquidity needs and retaining sufficient capital.
This exciting opportunity will offer the successful candidate excellent opportunities to gain experience and progress both within the Treasury function and the Group.
Liquidity, Funding and Market Risk
- Understand the underlying risks (Liquidity and Market risks) within the bank balance sheet and highlight and identify any exposures.
- Assist in conducting stress testing analysis for both Liquidity and Market risks.
- Support the development of the Bank's funding strategy and the preparation of the Bank's Funding Plan.
- Support the delivery and enhancement of the Bank's ILAAP exercise.
- Support the development, documentation, and management of the Bank's Contingent Funding Plan.
- Produce regular Treasury MI on a regular basis for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Support the preparation of the ALM Risk management information for Committee packs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and report on all Early Warning Indicators designed to identify risks in the bank Balance Sheet.
- Support the preparation of the Treasury elements of the Bank's Pillar III Reports and Financial Statements.
Funds Transfer Pricing
- Support the enhancement of the Bank's Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) methodology and reporting and ensure it remains robust and fit for purpose.
- Run and understand Treasury liquidity, interest rate risk, and funds transfer pricing models.
- Support the development and enhancement of the liquidity and interest rate risk stress testing models.
- Work with the Financial Risk, Model Validation and Financial Planning teams to ensure consistent approach across all reporting and modelling.
Regulatory & Risk
- Assist in assessing the impact of regulatory change from an ALM perspective on an on-going basis.
- Report on risk management within Treasury.
- Support the enhancement of the Group Treasury Internal Control Framework.
Recovery & Resolution Planning
- Support the delivery of the Bank's Recovery Plan and Resolution Planning deliverables.
- Support the development and implementation of ALM's wider activities and strategy.
- Support the preparation, maintenance, and update of the suite of Treasury policies, methodologies, and procedures.
- Maintain high internal control standards, including timely remediation of outstanding audit points.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Treasury, Finance or Risk experience at a minimum.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work effectively with other departments and external partners, and regulatory authorities.
- Ability to plan and execute workload to a high standard, with minimum supervision and within required timelines.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with comprehensive understanding of Bank's financial statements.
- Strong written and verbal communication with a clear and concise presentation style that conveys key information in a readily accessible manner.
- An initiative-taker, with evidence of taking initiative and driving key organisational initiatives to completion.
- A record of balancing priorities and delivering to tight time limits.
- Ability to plan and execute workload with minimum supervision and within required deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills in proposing well-founded conclusions.
- Excellent PC skills, with the role requiring extensive use of MS Office, particularly Excel. SQL experience an advantage.
- The role holder will need to demonstrate an aptitude for resolving questions and issues of a technical nature in a risk and banking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve Financial and/or Risk reporting issues and question or challenge where appropriate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the banking industry, treasury products, systems, and operations.
- A natural interest in data, and the drivers and strategy related to a Bank's balance sheet.
- A willingness to learn, and to investigate and solve recent problems.
- A postgraduate / professional qualification (or working towards) an advantage.
- Previous experience working with, and successfully supporting, Senior Executives,
- Committees and/or other senior colleagues.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Generous leave entitlement e.g., Holiday, Maternity, Paternity, Parental and Life Leave
- Training and Development - Support your continued education and completion of your professional exams as well as on the job training.
- Career Progression - We offer our employees career paths with stability, long-term growth, and a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Supportive team network
- Company initiatives/supports.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to work
- Holiday Fund
- Travel Pass
- Staff Banking
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.