Dublin City Centre
- BBBH781310 May 04, 2021 Competitive
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing tests in a custom development environment in line with agreed plans and strategies
Role Overview - QA Analyst
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing tests in a custom development environment in line with agreed plans and strategies. As a member of a highly collaborative, dynamic test team, you will be asked to provide mentoring, guidance and direction to other team members, as well as ensuring the quality of the team's output is of a consistently high standard.
- Document and execute high quality test plans for functional areas under custom development and test
- Analyse complex requirements and review acceptance criteria to ensure they are for fit for purpose, testable and can have tests developed to explicitly test and guide acceptance
- Create comprehensive and well defined test scripts that are traceable back to requirements
- Execution of functional, regression and integration test scripts
- Participate in defect triage discussions and probe development perception of severity
- Co-ordination of test activities and work as part of a scrum team
- Interrogate the underlying databases to extract test data and execute SQL statements to prove test results
- Develop and execute technical tests to prove the load and performance of the solution
- Contribute to management reporting including appropriate test metrics on planning, defects and execution
- Ensure regression testing is performed in a manner that recognizes the risks of introducing defects into the environment
- Work closely with the development teams to provide information and direction to junior team members
- Escalate risks and issues to the appropriate level to ensure resolution
- Support test management in developing project plans and track against key milestone dates
- Excellent client-facing skills
- People management skills - introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other, encouraging mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions
- Team work and emotional intelligence
- Good self-management - continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set
- Has an innovative approach - a bold thinker and doer, matching creativity with vigilance
- High value on openness and transparency
- Experience within a software quality assurance / testing role
- Technical skills - SQL, UNIX, Agile preferential
- Non-functional testing experience advantageous
- A Computer Science/I.T. related degree
- ISTQB certification in Software Testing
What are the benefits of working for us?
- Collaborative working environment - we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Our Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555