- Dublin City Centre
- Jan 24, 2023
Are you an experienced Project Manager who has worked the full end to end of project delivery? Are you interested in joining a Digital Team? Apply here!
The PMO / Project Manager will be placed within the Digital First department and will report to the PMO Lead.
The ideal candidate needs experience in supporting the end-to-end Project Management methodology through each phase from project initiation to project closure. Ensure PMO processes (Quality Assurance) are being followed through regular project reviews, RAAIDD Management, Budget Management, Project Planning, Status Reporting, and suitable governance is in place.
This role will support the implementation of project tools/templates (end to end delivery) and ensure the appropriate governance is always in place for all projects. This role will coach the business Project Managers to ensure that the Project Management capability is being lifted within the organisation and consistent standards are met. Supporting the Digital First Director with regular content creation, reporting and materials for governance sessions and board meetings. Ensure appropriate stakeholder management is in place and collaboration between departments as needed. Work as a key player within the Digital First team always ensuring Strategy alignment (Roadmaps, priorities/decisions etc)
- Support business Project Managers to ensure that the Project Management Methodology is being adhered to from requirements gathering to project closure.
- Refine/update Project Management templates (process improvements) towards industry best practice.
- Act as the Digital First Point of Contact for Governance Reporting (Steering Committee, Board meetings, annual reporting etc)
- Act as the Digital Steering Group Secretary (DSG) providing Executive Support to board members (Organising meetings, meeting minutes etc)
- Act as the dept point of contact for Risk/RAAIDD Management, Budget Management etc
- Roll out Project Management training to the business on a regular basis.
- Run selected projects from project initiation to closure - as agreed.
- Act as the dept point of contact for Project Audits, Business Continuity Management etc.
- Support continuous improvement activities for PMO/Project Management teams- Tool implementation etc. Leverage existing tools such as MS Planner and SharePoint.
- Support new team members including taking part in onboarding schedules etc.
- Support the PMO Lead as the need and capacity allows.
- Stakeholder Managements at all levels within the Organisation.
Required experience & skills:
- Experience in Project Management and using Project Management templates for each project phase e.g Business Case, Requirements templates etc
- Experience in working in both Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies
- Strong facilitation skills
- Can function as a PMO and Project Manager as inter-changeable roles
- Experience with Business Process Modelling & Notation (BPMN)
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Project Management Qualification - Prince 2 - Foundation and Practitioner
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Smartsheet, MS Project, MS Planner and SharePoint
- Strong analytical skills, ability to Analyse data sets and communicate findings clearly
- Has the ability to work on own initiative and seek out solutions to problems
- Take ownership and demonstrate collaboration skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong user research skills
- Demonstrate Thought Leadership in the Project Management field
- Flexible to new situations and challenges
- Implementation of tools to aid business process improvements
- Working knowledge of Agile, Agile Qualification desired.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Projects & Change Recruitment