- 1767 Mar 28, 2022 Competitive
NBI is looking for an experienced Product Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help drive a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth and scale
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 554,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Product Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help drive a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth and scale. As the Product Manager you will be the product owner for a number of key network and service related products, responsible for the development and subsequent management of new products in addition to supporting other areas of the business to ensure optimum customer experience.
The Product Manager will be also be accountable for the product roadmap and alignment with other products in the market and you will also define, manage and support the provisioning and service assurance processes for the full NBI product suite
- Management of the NBI Product portfolio to include development of new products and services and management of existing products
- Work as a key member of the Product team to manage the NBI Product Development Process end to end
- Work closely with the Commercial, Networks and Operations teams to ensure the successful on-boarding of service providers in addition to ensuring their ongoing support
- Management of key reporting functions to include KPIs, Progress Metrics, Financial reporting and Key Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports
- Support the Wholesale Customer Operations teams to ensure optimum customer experience for all onboarded an onboarding Service Providers
- Work closely with the IT organisation to prioritise new requirements and improvements as required
- You will be responsible for the development and in-life management of NBI's broadband and associated product suite
- Interface with the technology and IT teams to develop the provisioning, assurance and billing processes.
- As the product expert you will support the on-boarding of new service providers including training customers on the provisioning and service assurance processes.
- Attend and present at NBI's product forums and present product roadmap updates and capture / manage product change requests through the Product Development Process
- Maintain all published and internal documentation to ensure it is kept up to date and published as required.
- Working closely with all areas of the company to deliver accurate forecasting of connections and revenues
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree (preferred but not mandatory) with a strong Business / IT / Product base with 5-8 years of experience within the telecommunications sector
- Relevant experience in a portfolio/product management role, with a track record of commercial and/or technical achievement, ideally within a telecommunications organisation.
- Experience creating and updating documentation to a very high level to ensure efficient management of a product portfolio
- Experience working with Commercial, Marketing and Finance personnel to provide input on pricing and cost bases for financial accounts and business case development
- Presentation skills and experience presenting products and concepts to a technical audience
- Strong MS excel skills and ability to analyse data in spreadsheets for reporting and analysis purposes
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within an ever-changing dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.