- JN -102023-1948546
- Jan 11, 2024
- €50k - €70k
Finance Transformation Business Analyst
This finance transformation programme is part of a people-centred transformation of an internal finance function. This will incorporate replacement of financial systems, development of best practice integrated business processes and delivery of financial services that fully meet user needs. The transformation will enhance the skills, capabilities and supports for internal staff. The transformed Finance function will better enable delivery of the university's strategy and ambitions and will be strongly placed to respond to external demands and pressures.
The Business Analyst will have responsibility for delivering transformation in a major component of one of the workstreams. They are hiring for positions focused on the following workstreams;
● Record To Report (including Close and Consolidation)
Typically each workstream will be broken into 2 or 3 major components, representing either particular major portions of the end-to-end process or a set of variations of the full end-to-end process. The Business Analyst will have responsibility for the workstream component from the Discovery phase through Design, Implementation, Testing, Go Live and Hypercare Support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Analysing business processes and systems in support of business transformation.
* Documenting the key business requirements for a workstream component and developing the functional requirements for that component.
* Documenting workstream artefacts including process maps, data analytics and any other information that supports a greater understanding of business processes. * Utilising business knowledge, expertise and the analysis artefacts in designing the 'To Be' end-to-end process with the Project Leader and other programme staff.
* Working with the Integration Partner and others to ensure that the configuration of the system matches to the design.
* Developing the test plan and test scripts for the workstream component.
* Leading the execution of the testing of the component and it's integration with the other elements of the workstream.
* Supporting development of the Data & Migration strategies and ensuring that all data is extracted, enriched & cleansed in line with the strategy.
* Leading out engagement activities for the project with internal users.
* Driving user adoption and training in line with the change management plan at all relevant stages of activity.
* Acting as the escalation point to go live floorwalking during deployment phase.
* Other duties as assigned by the Project Leader.
Experience and Qualifications
* 5+ years experience in one or more of the designated workstreams essential, substantially gained in a large organisation or third level institution and a third level professional qualification.
* Significant experience implementing or using enterprise financial systems such as SAP, Oracle and/or other ERP systems.
* Demonstrated success in delivering process, operations or service improvements, either as part of a transformation programme or other initiative.
* Strong IT skills incorporating Microsoft Office.
* Professional Accountancy or relevant industry accreditation desired.
* Lean and/or Agile certification desired.
● Managing Stakeholders
● Managing People
● Managing Change
● Project Management
● Building Relationships
● Organisational Awareness
● Planning & Organisation
● Equality, Diversion & Inclusion
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Projects & Change Recruitment