- Dublin City Centre
- JN -012024-1954171
- Jan 17, 2024
This role for a Combined Heat & Power Technician would best suit a Marine Engineer looking to get into Industry.
- Monitor system performance and take daily readings of the above plant
- Troubleshoot equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on MAXIMO (site CMMS)
- Support Engineering and Operations personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements
- Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Take part in after hours on-call roster for CHP with one other CHP technician
- Preferable a person with practical training / education (e.g. apprentice program, etc.) Technical Degree or Certification
- The candidate must have a strong reciprocating engine background with the ability to display a high level of skill and understanding regarding internal combustion engines, generator sets, turbo chargers, intercoolers, ideally natural gas engines, but will consider applicants that have experience with diesel standby or other engine technologies (e.g. compression engines).
- Knowledge of maintenance of natural and bio gas boilers
- Must be available to work over-time and occasionally travel on weekends. Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Willing to attend training to improve technical skills
- Minimum three years' experience in this or related industry
- Formal training in reference to engines, complex mechanical & electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Electrical knowledge and ATEX qualification would be a distinct advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Life Sciences & Engineering Recruitment