- BBBH812078 Apr 04, 2022 Competitive
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Backend Developer (Java) to join a team that builds out on existing products while also building new products.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be designing and implementing distributed systems: large-scale web crawling platform, integrating Deep Learning based web data extraction components, working on queue algorithms, large datasets, creating a development platform for other company departments, etc. - this is going to be a challenging journey for any backend engineer!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work on the core platform: develop and troubleshoot Kafka-based distributed application, write and change components implemented in Java, Scala and Python.
- Work on new features, including design and implementation. You should be able to own and be responsible for the complete lifecycle of your features and code.
- Solve distributed systems problems, such as scalability, transparency, failure handling, security, multi-tenancy
- 1+ years of experience building large scale data processing systems or high load services
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures.
- Strong track record in at least two of these technologies: Java, Scala, Python, C++. 3+ years of experience with at least one of them.
- Experience working with Linux and Docker.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Computer Science or other engineering degree.
Bonus points for:
- Kubernetes experience
- Apache Kafka experience
- Experience building event-driven architectures
- Understanding of web browser internals
- Good knowledge of at least one RDBMS.
- Knowledge of today's cloud provider offerings: GCP, Amazon AWS, etc.
- Web data extraction experience: web crawling, web scraping.
- Experience with web data processing tasks: finding similar items, mining data streams, link analysis, etc.
- History of open source contributions
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300