- JN -092023-1947655
- Nov 20, 2023
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful BRC AA facility in West Cork. This is a multi-retailer site and has won numerous awards for their extensive product portfolio.
If you are a tenured Quality lead, have strong food industry experience and are looking for your next opportunity then this could be just for you. You will report directly into the MD of the business and lead out a team of quality professionals across QA & QC.
A bit more about the role -
- Develop, maintain and update the company's Quality Management Systems, in line with legal, BRC & customer standards & requirements.
- Ensure High Quality Assurance and Quality Control on site.
- To manage a team of quality/ technical staff and support these roles when required including, deputizing their roles as needed.
- Ensure new Quality department personnel are trained as per requirements.
- To liaise with and continually develop professional relationships with management, production staff, suppliers and customers on a regular basis.
- Lead the company HACCP & TACCP team to ensure all potential hazards to food safety are identified and control measures in place. Review of the HACCP & TACCP plan as required through any changes to legislation, process, raw materials or customer requirements.
- Promote and monitor improvements in the areas of Food Safety Quality Culture.
- Maintenance of the internal audit program.
- Facilitate all external audits- competent authority, DAFM customers and BRC
- Monitor and oversee pest control procedures.
- Ensure all raw material, process & finished product evaluation and shelf-life verification is completed as required.
- Risk assessment of & completion of product and environment testing schedules.
- Overseeing complaint responses, to ensure all is in order.
- Dealing with non-conformances- internal & external. Ensuring timely close out & implementation of effective corrective action.
- Food safety and quality/ hygiene induction & refresher training for staff.
- Management and maintenance of the RSPO certification.
- Product Quality must comply with agreed specifications.
- Product specifications are available and updated for Raw Materials & Finished products.
- Liaise with customers on product quality queries & specifications.
- All products are analysed according to sampling plans and results are maintained.
- Manage / Support any product/ site incidents as part of the crisis management team to ensure only safe product is available to the consumer
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant Third level Qualification in Food or Food related degree
- Must have at least 5-10 years of experience in food industry
- Must have 2-3 years management experience in Quality within the food industry
- Level 5 and or level 6 in HACCP (food safety) certification.
- In depth knowledge of relevant quality standards (i.e BRC) and experience in leading audits on site
- Experience hosting both regulatory and customer audits
- Strong communication skills with ability to deal with clients, suppliers as required.
- Strong people leadership and interpersonal skills are essential
- Flexibility is required as part of the role.
If you would like to find out more about this role please click the 'Apply Now' button below or reach out to Kellie on 021 2300 300.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Principal Consultant | Engineering Recruitment - Quality & Validation