- BBBH798949 Dec 17, 2021 €50k - €70k
Are you looking to join a large multinational in Cork working as a Supervisor within an ever growing Payroll Team? Then this could be the role for you!
We have been instructed by our client, a large multinational company in Cork, to find a Payroll Supervisor to join their ever growing team. The role is an operational supervisor as such the candidate must have previous experience of running a broad spectrum of payrolls using a payroll outsource model.
The business offers a dynamic, international atmosphere and an opportunity to work with a portfolio of interesting clients.
- Manage, train, and provide guidance and direction to the assigned Payroll Team Members Performance management of team members through coaching and regular 1-to-1's
- Motivation and development of team to operate the International Payroll process in the GFS Centre in cooperation with other Payroll Management Team
- Lead and manage Payroll team members and processes to drive efficiencies and support a scalable Payroll model in the future with a high focus on achievement of on Target KPI's
- Work with HR and Payroll providers to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information and that Payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with country local requirements
- Month end payroll activities-reviewing journals, accruals and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place and are implemented to capture changes month on month and any differences are reconciled and explained. Propose changes as required.
- Schedules, participates and facilitates payroll related meetings and presentations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to internal and external agencies, e.g. Inland Revenue, etc.
- Work closely with GFS functions to deliver a successful Payroll program whilst supporting the GFS vision and strategic objective.
- Continuous Improvement needs to be a daily mindset for this role and direct reports - continuously enhancing, streamlining and standardising processes and/or policies that identify and utilise technologies that will provide further efficiencies
- Responsible for ensuring the internal control is accurate for Payroll processing and associated processes under the remit of this role & adherence to all internal controls as required for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- Drive and own the monthly metric reporting process
- Drive and own the month-end process along with other Payroll Supervisor, ensuring all deadlines are met in line with month end close agreements.
- Lead/drive/support initiatives/projects as agreed with Payroll Manager in support of overall Payroll Goals and Objectives Knowledge, experience, competencies The person we seek will be an experienced Payroll Supervisor/team leader with experience of operating multi-country payroll processes in a multi-national corporation and will have held a Payroll position in a similar organization operating in several major countries in International Regions with a willingness to occasionally travel to enhance business relationships.
- The person will require considerable experience of direct team leadership and demonstrated effective people supervision. Experience of setting up and/or operating Payroll processes in Shared Service Centres in a multi-country corporate environment is an advantage.
- Customer service: A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and inspiring the team to deliver on the service commitments
- Process focus: Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and creating a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Interpersonal Skills: An effective team player, whose energy and well-developed communication skills make this person a persuasive leader, negotiator and relationship builder. Focus on team and people development.
- Thinker/Do-er: A fast thinker, translate business needs into pragmatic implementable solutions.
- Diversity: Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a global organization in a multi-country environment.
- Leadership: Capable of providing guidance and gaining respect based on persuasion and competence and with the stature and sensitivity to exercise leadership by example in the context of a service business Languages
- The person we seek will be able to communicate effectively in English. An additional European language or languages would be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Business degree Payroll qualification with either IPASS or CIPP essential Management of 3rd Party Payroll Providers
- Demonstrated expertise in Stock payments RSU, ESPP and relevant taxes, Global Mobility/ in pats/expats
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Payroll SOX Compliance and dealing with internal and external audit
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required. Experience of T&A systems such as Workday and or Kronos an advantage, SAP experience
- Financial Shared Services Background with International Payrolls experience
If this role is of interest to you then feel to apply with the latest copy of your CV.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300