Parenteral Manufacturing Sourcing Associate
- BBBH811913 Apr 01, 2022 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is working with a global leader in the pharmaceutical sector to recruit a Parenteral Manufacturing Sourcing Associate This is a permanent role with a hybrid approach, based in Cork.
The Associate will support the manufacturing network for commercial products by sourcing components & external drug product manufacturing, supporting category sourcing strategies, leading supplier relationship management activities as required, and supporting account management to ensure alignment between Procurement and its business clients.
- Support procurement activities and provide commercial leadership for container closure components, device components, and external drug product manufacturers (oral solid dosage, parenteral, suspensions, & packaging), as well as, influencing standardization and consistency between clinical trial and commercial manufacturing.
- Develop, execute, and maintain supplier strategy for assigned categories from category strategy development through sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation, contract management, risk management, and cost management.
- Maintain sourcing strategies, spend analytics, and external market knowledge for external drug product manufacturing.
- Understand clinical trial and commercial strategy (make versus buy), governance processes (transactional versus strategic), and business operational requirements. Work directly and closely with commercial manufacturing functional leadership, manufacturing site functions, and governance teams to ensure continuity of supply while maintaining an efficient cost effective supply chain.
- Manage supplier relationships with key global suppliers to establish and maintain relationships, influence the continuity of a reliable continuous supply chain, and establish or maintain an efficient cost effective supply chain.
- Facilitate delivery of development pipeline, ensure reliability of commercially manufactured products, and perform risk mitigation activities from assessment of risk through development of risk mitigation strategies and implementation to execution of the annual supplier risk management process.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific, engineering, business, supply chain, procurement or other professional field
- One to three years of experience in procurement, external supply or manufacturing of relevant materials, or internal pharmaceutical manufacturing (operations, technical service/material science, etc.)
- Previous experience working directly with suppliers in commercial, technical, or governance capacity
- Previous external manufacturing procurement or sourcing experience
- Previous negotiation experience
- Previous SAP or Ariba procurement experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience representing the business in the acquisition of goods or services.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300