- Sep 18, 2023
On behalf of Horizon Therapeutics, we are currently seeking a Senior Microbiologist to join their Waterford manufacturing site on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this position is to be the subject matter expert in our Microbiology department and be a recognised expert in this industry. The candidate will lead the development, deployment, and improvement of validation processes within the QC Microbiology department to ensure the maximum levels of performance and compliance are maintained, they will also ensure equipment is maintained in a validated state meeting cGMP requirements.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Qualified to a minimum Degree level or equivalent in Microbiology or Biological Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years industrial / laboratory experience in microbiology with
- demonstrated experience supporting aseptic manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to introduce, validate and optimise microbiology methods.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with EMPQ in an Aseptic Processing Environment.
- Extensive Media Fill experience.
- Problem-solving experience in an Aseptic Processing Environment.
- Sterility Testing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanour.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.