Senior Manager Procurement
- 1796 May 04, 2022 Competitive
The Senior Manager Procurement is a key role in the initial start-up of the manufacturing facility in Waterford and supporting the development of global supply chain systems.
- The successful candidate will support and have significant responsibility for the sites procurement and related supply chain performance. This will involve establishing site procurement systems, to be as innovative and agile in the launch, and supply of products.
The Senior Manager Procurement will be a key partner on site in order to make significant contribution to the overall start-up and organisation readiness program for the Waterford facility. The position will ensure the Waterford site is aligned to the global supply chain strategy, while also supporting the selection and deployment of the company's global procurement systems.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in business or supply chain management
- APICS or other related supply chain qualification
- 8+ supply chain experience in a multinational manufacturing environment with at least 5 years' experience in a procurement role (biologic industry experiences an advantage)
- Significant experience of ERP solutions used within global manufacturing organisations
- Demonstrated experience working with global teams with a strong working knowledge of supply chain management at both the launch stage for biologic products as well as at clinical and commercial stage
- Start-up experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent negotiating skills in setting up new supply partners and agreements.
- Strong familiarity with best practice in supply chain system design that will support the start-up of a new facility and the launch of new biologic products.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement knowledge in supply chain management.
- Working knowledge of quality and regulatory issues as they relate to the Good Distribution Practises (GDP) and pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Strong program management skills to be able to lead a program of organisation readiness in the supply chain area while playing a key role in the site's broader organisation readiness program.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative under minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of Excel, and other Office software