- JN -032023-1926778
- Mar 10, 2023
I am delighted to bring to market this opportunity to join a large fast growing medical device company as the Supply Chain Senior Manager.
Supply Chain Senior Manager - Limerick
As Supply Chain Senior Manager you will report directly to the Supply Chain Director you will be tasked with managing and overseeing the work of a team of employees in warehousing, logistics, trade compliance and materials management.
Joining a fast growing medical device company you will be expected to be full-time on site in this hands on role. Experience within logistics, warehousing & procurement is essential with the ability to be agile and the motivation to work and support across different areas of the business.
- Direct and oversee warehouse activities including incoming and outgoing raw materials and/or intercompany supplies and purchased components, sub-assembly and finished goods to ensure the timely receipt/shipment of product and efficient utilization of facilities for storing & picking.
- Manage warehouse workflow and activities, proper storage, inventory accuracy, reports on product consumption cycle and action to reduce slow moving active inventory or obsolescence. Establish processes and controls for assigned inventories, including FIFO, shelf-life management and temperature control. Work within SC team to attain optimum inventory level within the planned budget and meet planned inventory turns.
- Develop robust processes with 3rd party freight forwarders and customs clearance broker, establish management routines with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Partner with planning/purchasing and production on materials and work-order schedule. Ensure daily production schedule is executed per plan to avoid disruption to the operations
- Partner with operations and quality to establish processes required to pre/post sterile load management, ensuring optimal loads and on-time processing of shipments and returns.
- Lead and train staff to ensure all shipments are executed timely and meet relevant customs / trade compliance requirements. Anticipate potential risk and pro-actively resolve issues to meet shipment objectives. Work with Regional SC to optimize transportation modes and maintain policies and procedures for logistics activities.
- Manage warehouse capacity, including warehouse design / kit-out, equipment, storage solutions and work flows to optimize cubic square footage.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to analyze and review trends / performance and recommend improvements in warehouse practices to promote efficiency and cost effectiveness. Prepare and manage Warehouse / Logistics budget and operate within approved budget. Deliver VIP (Value Improvement Projects) per annual objectives.
- Responsible for delivering department and company strategic goals and initiatives. Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with departmental functional growth strategies.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree, field of study in Material/Engineering/Logistics/Business or equivalent with 15 years of experience
- Expert understanding of supply chain, in particular Logistics (Freight, Warehousing and Trade Compliance) while addressing issues which impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
- Proven background in scaling warehousing, logistics and relevant experience in managing 3rd party warehousing/logistics.
- Expert understanding of related aspects of supply chain processes and/or systems e.g. Planning, Procurement, Inventory and Supplier Management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant | (Logistics, Transport, Warehousing & Trade Compliance) for Munster & Connaught