- Nov 24, 2022
Our client is the market leader in the manufacture of key materials for the construction industry. They are seeking a Senior Electrical Project Engineer to lead their alternative fuel project.
Seeking applications for the position of Senior Electrical Project Egineer in Co. Limerick. The role involves projects work in a heavy industry environment. The candidate will need strong design experience, and an understanding of mechanical and civil engineering aspects of project works. Highly cross funtional role.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing Electrical Projects from concept/design stage to Implementation whilst complying with all Safety Regulations.
- To design, plan and implement electrical project and infrastructure work, in collaboration with senior management /company objectives.
- Design will include 6 kV Medium Voltage networks and Motors, Low Voltage networks and Motors, Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Preparation of Tender Documents for the supply and installation of equipment.
- To survey existing electrical equipment with the aim of developing new projects for Capital Expenditure which will keep the Plant in line with BAT and Energy Efficiency
- Liaise between relevant stakeholders (suppliers, designers, planners and consultants / both internal and external) during project design stage right through to project completion and commissioning.
- Creation of Project Plans, Design & feasibility studies, management of relevant CX budget.
- Effectively managing Project Team Members and Budgets to deliver in the most cost-efficient manner.
- To oversee and develop the electrical documentation and drawings system
- To liaise with the Electrical Department with fault-finding and implement modifications to solve issues or improve operations.
The above list is not exhaustive. The successful candidate will be expected to perform duties as necessitated by the changing role and the overall business objectives of the Company, as directed.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Experience:
The candidate should bring a positive attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion. Along with:
- Appropriate degree qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5-8 years' experience in Managing Teams /Projects in heavy industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD/Electrical Design
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience operating in a heavy industry environment an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.