- JN -052023-1938413
- May 24, 2023
- €70k - €90k
An excellent role for a Laboratory Manager who has experience with the day to day running of a large scale, highly regulated manufacturing facility.
The Laboratory Manager provides leadership and support in coordinating and enabling Quality Control laboratory activities for Testing/Inspecting products. Equipment maintenance and Project work as directed by QC management, while ensuring compliance with quality standards and production schedules. Drives continuous improvement through data driven approaches and monitoring of quality systems.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensures that performance and quality of products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
- Support QA programs in assuring compliance to the pertinent regulation.
- Manages lab activity to ensure targets are met, ensuring continuous improvement and driving down variance in test methodology.
- Ensures Laboratory Systems and Equipment are maintained in a compliant state.
- Communicates department objectives and metrics as requested.
- Provides quality control support as requested or needed by Management, support the implementation of all quality control and plant strategic initiatives.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, Maps, etc). Work with Quality Manager to develop and implement strategic quality Goals & Objectives.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments' continuous improvement program.
- Provides input to budget planning process as requested, utilizes cost control initiatives to reduce expenses.
- Oversees quality control auditing of laboratory areas and systems, reviews report findings and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the QC group. Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Tracks yearly goals progress for Technicians as applicable. − All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
Education and requirements:
- Degree Qualified with 5-7 years relevant experience in Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Risk management experience.
- CAPA and RCI experience.
- Excellent IT skill e.g. experience in minitab, excel reports.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong Communication and Organizational skills.
- Ability to coach, develop & mentor key staff.
- Develops and maintains a positive team environment.
- Encourage cooperation across all teams/ Departments Flexible work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Principal Consultant | Science & Engineering Recruitment