- JN -092023-1947459
- Sep 19, 2023
Working with a leading Irish brand, I am looking to speak with senior Project Managers/ Programme Managers to work with teams on strategic projects.
I am looking for an experienced professional to work with teams on strategic programmes and projects. Based in Kilkenny, with a requirement to be on site two days per week, this role reporting to the Head of Strategy Execution.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to help create and enable new business practices and develop new ways of working to support business.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of a number of strategic programmes/projects.
- Ensure the successful delivery of projects to agreed plan and time and budget, while ensuring that the deliverables meet the underlying business case.
- Lead and manage project teams from concept and initiation through to planning and execution and transition to BAU through closure.
- Particular focus on establishing appropriate governance structures and reporting on programme/project milestones and deliverables.
- Early identification of the key performance measures to manage the project and instil a rigorous set of interim checkpoints to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Create and manage project plans ensuring appropriate feedback and buy-in from all functional groups.
- Understand the perspectives and requirements of different stakeholders
- Proactively assess project issues and facilitate mitigation plan to ensure success.
- Present status updates and report on potential issues and mitigation plans to steering group.
- Ensure the efficient allocation of resources for the different projects.
- Analyse and keep abreast of industry trends and best practices to ensure they align with the company's strategic goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with teams, both internal and external, for specific tasks relating to the project.
- Serve/act as the primary liaison between stakeholders.
- Facilitate regular team meetings whilst keeping stakeholders updated on progress.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and development in the organisation.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline. Commercially focused with 5+ years' experience of successfully managing complex programmes/projects delivering significant business chang.
- Proven ability to act as both business change manager and project manager.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of best-practice project management methods. PMP certification desirable.
- Experienced in managing projects in a balanced matrix organisational structure.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management with the ability to lead a cross-functional team, working across diverse Business Units in a global landscape.
- Ability to manage third-party consultants throughout project implementation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experienced in managing project budgetary requirements and constraints.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.