- JN -022023-1924256
- Jan 23, 2023
A great opportunity to join a leading Manufacturing Company based in Kilkenny.
- Provides leadership across the organisation to foster a positive Health and Safety culture
- Develop and implement the sites Health and Safety strategy and associated programmes and initiatives that improve the Health and Safety outcomes in alignment with the companies objectives.
- Reporting of site H&S metrics & delivering on key targets
- Ensure H&S procedures and Site Safety Statement are in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Complete thorough investigation, root cause analysis and CAPA for all significant incidents, reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences and major property damage.
- Champion Zero Harm initiative to improve the health and safety culture through training and awareness campaigns.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out in conjunction with the relevant Area Managers in order to inspect and check plant, processes, procedures & practices.
- Conduct and implement programs relating to risk assessments (new product development and trials / new equipment and engineering requirements).
- Ensure that there is H&S involvement in pre-start up safety reviews and equipment walk-downs to identify relevant safety items.
- Review and revise employee, visitor and contractor safety induction programs.
- Provide and deploy a training strategy that covers off all the needs of the internal departments onsite
- Keep up to date with new legislation & standards
- Represent the Company during outside Agency Audits/Inspections and liaise as required with the Health & Safety Authority.
- Establish, co-ordinate and manage site Health and Safety committees
- Primary Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent, in conjunction with a recognized Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
- A minimum of 4 years' experience at H&S Manager level within an FMCG manufacturing environment, ideally food manufacturing.
- Experience and proven capabilities in developing and implementing world class health and safety management systems to ISO45001 standards in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioural safety programmes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong influencing and negotiation skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at management and operator levels within a manufacturing organization
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.