Our client's robust and exciting expansion plans means they are on track to become one of Ireland's leading renewable energy generators by 2030.
This role will be based in County Kildare and will report to the Resource Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and project management expertise to the identification, development and on-site delivery of Renewable Energy Development resource assessment projects and to assist in the development and selection of new sites for renewable energy development commercial opportunities for the Renewable Energy business unit and wider Group.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
* Support the preparation, specification, procurement, installation, and commissioning of new meteorological installations that form part of PGD's wind and solar resource assessment infrastructure. Ensure they are delivered and documented in accordance with relevant international standards and to the quality acceptable by financial institutions when making investment decisions. Manage the routine inspection and maintenance schedules for existing meteorological installations such as wind and solar masts, in accordance with industry best practice and original equipment manufacturers requirements. Assist in the interrogation of meteorological instruments and data acquisition equipment as required to proactively identify and solve faults that may occur with meteorological installations. Escalate issues and co-ordinate maintenance response by services providers as required;
* Scope, plan, and co-ordinate the early stage project development activities of assigned work packages in specific projects in the Renewable Energy Development pipeline to successfully deliver required outputs. Work packages are to include constraint mapping, technology assessment, site selection, risk assessment, procurement, preparation of planning documents and management of specialist consultants, participation in public information and consultation processes, resource assessments and other development activities. Analyse and appraise key site constraints and assumptions to identify and minimise site constraints and the development risk profile for potential future Renewable Energy Development projects;
* Appraise preliminary and any detailed design work required for approvals process, ensure compliance with applicable design standards, health and safety regulations, environmental policies and all other applicable polices and statutory requirements. Monitor expenditure, assist forecasting spend, and provide regular updates for budgeting purposes;
* Support the Renewable Energy Development team, including inputs as required into technical due diligence processes, technical inputs into strategy review and business planning processes. Assist with other high priority projects where specific project milestones or objectives require input from the wider Project Development team;
* Develop a good understanding of existing land use and support liaison with relevant business units operating on or around proposed development sites;
* Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives;
* All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
* Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
* 3 years of relevant industry experience;
* Knowledge and experience in on-site wind and solar resource assessment an advantage;
* Competency across a broad range professional engineer skills must be demonstrated;
* Knowledge of and ability to apply project management methods, to oversee delivery of technical work and to comply with health & safety and environmental legislation and regulations are required for this role;
* Excellent technical appraisal, report writing and communications skills essential. Proficient in AutoCAD, Arcmap, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.