- JN -042023-1931598
- Apr 25, 2023
- €70k - €90k
We are seeking an experienced engineering manager who will be responsible for delivering high-quality solutions that meet both technical and business objectives.
Reporting directly to the Head of the Environmental Division, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing a team of Engineers in the completion of engineering projects across multiple divisions.
The successful candidate will be based in the Head Office in Killarney, Co Kerry. The position will involve occasional travel to our other sites in the UK and Europe.
- Lead the technical direction of the engineering functions.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the Engineering team which include setting and managing the teams KPI's.
- Lead various projects across different teams that can drive processes and execute strategies to ensure projects are developed within cost and time constraints.
- Execute project management and practical skills to the role to ensure all stakeholders are involved for successful project releases.
- Oversee the design, development, selection and documentation of materials and processes for all products.
- Address routine and bespoke technical problems by leading and empowering a team in critical thinking methodologies.
- Challenge project teams and established work processes to generate creative solutions which provide the cost, reliability, quality and performance required by our customers.
- Manage and coach the team throughout the development cycle at a conceptual level and verification through to manufacturing implementation.
- Understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
Skill & Qualifications
- Minimum degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline. Project management qualifications will also be advantageous.
- Ideally 5-10 years relevant industry and people management experience.
- Ability to lead the personal and technical direction of the engineering team.
- Competent in management and scheduling assigned projects and ability to plan multiple projects and tasks consecutively.
- Experience in incorporating business, market, industry and competitive knowledge into technical solutions.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with Group-wide internal stakeholders across all levels of the organisation as well as external stakeholders such as customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Inventor or similar drawing packages.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.