- JN -042023-1928652
- Apr 12, 2023
Finance Transformation Business Analyst | Healthcare | Technical & Finctional Analyst | Galway | IT
Location: Galways Outskirts (Avoiding Major Traffic)
Contract: 3 year FTC
This Business is embarking on a major transformation programme within its Operations and Finance functions which will standardise processes and technology across all of it's facilities.
The business analyst will be supporting specific transformation initiatives within the Business Group and work as a liaison between stakeholder groups to capture, analyse, define and summarise information. They will work closely with functional leads, SMEs, IT and vendors to accurately capture as-is processes, perform requirements analysis, undertake value stream mapping and define to-be processes that meet business needs and requirements. The business analyst will also support the planning and execution of testing. They will develop workstream plans that feed into and align with the overarching project plan, monitoring the performance of their workstream to ensure timelines are being met.
The candidate will be a hands-on self-starter, comfortable with technology, information management, business processes and data with the ability to work across functions in a healthcare setting. Experience and knowledge of Healthcare claims processing and operational processes in a Hospital setting would be a significant advantage.
● Through engagement with function area leads/SMEs (Finance & Operations), IT, vendor(s) and Change, to accurately capture as-is and to-be process flows for end-to-end processes from initial booking (operations) through to claims submission (finance).
● Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing solutions across healthcare finance and operation functions.
● Working with business stakeholder for ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
● Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
● Performing requirements analysis.
● Effectively communicating your insights to cross-functional team members and management.
● Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing documentation.
● Working closely with functional leads, SMEs and technical resources.
● Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
● Performing user acceptance testing.
● Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
● Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
● Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
● Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
● Managing competing resources and priorities.
● Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Background & Experience
● Minimum 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst demonstrating experience of process optimisation
● Insurance or healthcare industry experience preferable
● Ideally experience gained within Finance/Claims and/or Clinical Operations setting
● Previous experience utilising structure improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma
● Minimum Level 8 Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
● Proven experience in analysis of requirements
● Experience of test planning and execution with users.
● Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
● Comfortable with the advantages of adopting technology and automation to simplify business processes
● Comprehensive knowledge in generating process documentation.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
● Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
● Ability to work independently and with others.
● Extremely organised with strong time-management skills.
● Comfortable working in a healthcare setting with competing priorities and demands on resources.
● Communicate appropriately with colleagues and other members of the hospital to ensure a quality service is provided to all while constantly striving for excellence in patient/client/ customer care.
● Maintain confidentiality in all transactions
● Provide support to managers giving advice in a supportive and professional manner
● Attend and contribute to appropriate meetings.
● Report all incidents immediately, which may adversely affect a patient, colleague, or the business
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.