Equipment Engineer - Galway (Medical Devices)
- BBBH754994 Jan 08, 2021 Competitive
The successful candidate with engineer and implement highly capable and effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives
This position is responsible for providing technical / engineering maintenance and calibration support, involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment
- Work with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement - automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
- Work with Product Development to help establish the equipment requirements for new products
- Debug production issues with automated equipment
- Provide input and help in selection of new technologies to improve plant efficiencies
- Ensure that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area's objectives of quality, cost and output
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3rd level degree in any technical discipline
- Suitably qualified to the role, able to work with little supervision
- Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- General understanding of business unit/group function
- Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300