Dublin City Centre
- BBBH823211 Jul 26, 2022 €70k - €90k
Morgan Mckinley is supporting one of the world's leading aircraft leasing companies in sourcing a senior tax person to support them on a 12 month contract basis.
They invest in the most modern, technologically advanced aircraft in the world and have a fleet of owned, managed and committed aircraft.
Their Global Tax team is responsible for providing support to Deal Teams on transactions (such as leases, aircraft sales, aircraft purchases and funding), international tax compliance for the business, working with our shareholders on projects, optimising structure and tax positions and monitoring the ever-changing international tax environment for changes which may impact the business.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to manage the global tax compliance and to represent the Tax team in supporting Deal Teams on transactions.
- Prepare/review Irish and foreign tax filings (e.g. VAT, GST, JCT, Intrastat, VIES, US protective filings) for each entity, where relevant, ensuring filings and payments are made in line with statutory deadlines
- Advise the business on other compliance obligations as they arise (e.g. dividend withholding, interest withholding, etc.) and ensure timely compliance of same
- Preparation/review of corporate tax computations for each of the Group companies and ensure corporate tax filings and payments are made in a timely manner. This includes working with both internal departments and external advisors to agree positions on local jurisdictional issues
- Provide accurate tax provision information to the Finance Team on a timely basis including liaising with external advisors in relation to quarterly and year end numbers
- Represent the Global Tax team on Deal Teams
- Responsible for managing other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities as and when they arise, for example: managing the annual Directors Compliance Statement Review (DCS) / managing the implementation of the new interest limitation rules (ILR) / transfer pricing local files for non-Irish entities / management of monthly DAC6 process
- Qualified accountant with AITI qualification
- Candidate should have at least 2/3 years post qualification experience
- Experience of the aircraft leasing industry advantageous but not essential
- Ability to identify tax risks within the business and provide and implement solutions to minimise same
- Strong analytical, process mapping and numerical skills
- Strong ability to form and communicate reasoned opinions and debate those opinions as required
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.