- JN -022023-1926172
- Feb 23, 2023
Our client is a leading multinational technology company looking for an experienced Strategic Partner Manager to join their team - 10.5 Month Contract
Complete tasks within the scope of a standard or low complexity partner or for a larger
partner project under guidance from the manager.
Support the identification, creation, negotiation, and implementation of effective business
development agreements that drive results for our client.(e.g., negotiating purchasing
agreements, drafting TVC contracts)
Select appropriate approaches from clear options to contribute to project goals under some
guidance from manager or senior team members
- Apply standard/common tools, resources, and processes to resolve defined problems
faced by the team when identifying opportunities, structuring deals, or creating joint
partner business plans.
- Escalate complex challenges to senior team members or managers.
- Work in a team setting, share knowledge when relevant to tasks.
- Develop working relationships outside the team with Product, Engineering, Legal,
and other cross-functional teams to contribute to cross-project collaborations.
- Start to develop relationships with partners while supporting partner relationship
- Follow direction on timing, goals, and objectives within a project.Expertise
- Possess a foundational understanding of industry/vertical/market with an awareness
of when they should seek additional support and guidance.
- Start to acquire an understanding of relevant PA and partner
Responsibilities under the direction of the Manager
- Contribute or co-own managing partner engagement and relationship by tracking
business metrics and insights, building business forecasts, and ensuring strong
brand/reputation management, with some guidance.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with external partners, with some guidance.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders on cross-functional projects.
Deal execution and Partner Management:
- Contribute or co-own the partner experience to ensure deal integration which
includes negotiating and finalising contracts, executing on account plans, pitching to
partners, resolving partner issues, and advocating on behalf of partners, with some
Product and Partnership strategy development:
- Co-develop partner strategy, including new partner and opportunity prospecting.
Conduct partner research and collaborate on product strategy, with some guidance.
- Consultative skills:
Ability to understand stakeholder needs through dialogue before conducting analysis and
- Contract Knowledge:
Ability to interpret legal documents and collaborate with attorneys to ensure the drafting of
contract language reflects business needs and intents.
- Customer Conversion:
Ability to utilise open, closed, and leading questioning techniques to understand underlying
beliefs, motivations, and causes for behaviours, needs, and desires.
- Customer Research:
Knowledge of the customer's organisation, industry, competition, and end-customers.
- Data-driven analysis and reporting:
Ability to combine technical and financial data to differentiate and position the value of
Our clients products, services, and solutions to create competitive advantage.
- Industry Knowledge:
Ability to analyse and apply industry, market, and organisational information to strategies
- Objection handling and negotiation:
Ability to navigate through the sales process using techniques to help customers reach
mutually agreed outcomes within a deal.
- Operations management strategy:
Ability to leverage standards-based business practices to ensure materials, equipment, and
technology delivers efficient and effective business outcomes.
- Opportunity and pipeline management:
Ability to discover opportunities to deliver expanded customer value by effectively managing
the pipeline throughout the entire sales/customer lifecycle.
- Persuasion skills:
Ability to gain commitment to a product, service, or idea from partners, customers, and
stakeholders using data and appropriate communication or storytelling methods.
- Project/program management:
Knowledge of the process of managing several related projects or programs, often with the
intention of signing deals
- Relationship Building:
Ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different stakeholders and
businesses. This includes being approachable, engaged, authentic, and relating well to
people regardless of personality or background.
- Situational Leadership:
Ability to interact confidently, clearly and respectfully with others, especially senior leaders of
the organisation, to present/defend/clarify concerns or issues regarding an existing project,
program or solution. This includes the ability to effectively address difficult questions, handle
pushback from a high-level audience, and maintain a professional demeanour while engaging
in difficult or sometimes high-pressure situations.
- Stakeholder Management Strategy:
Ability to positively influence individuals in a customer's organisation who can help others
make a conscious decision on the proposed product, service, or solution
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.